v16 LG Smart Not Andriod
Hi
Can I use a Amazon fire stick loaded with Kodi 16.1 ?

Regards
use it for what?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-07-22, 13:38)nickr Wrote: use it for what?

I put it in the heading sorry Smile its a LG Smart tv but not a android operating system.

Regards
Its a LG Model 39LB
You can use a fire stick in any tv that has a HDMI input.
Hi
Thx for reply the one I was looking at is Amazon Fire TV Stick with Kodi 16.1 (XBMC) Firestick - FULLY LOADED (android)

Regards
yes I have a HDMI Input
Thread moved to hardware.

Don't get any device that is "fully loaded", as they almost certainly are pre-installed with all sorts of banned add-on (wiki) crap which violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy, and for which you will get absolutely no support here at all. Also any seller peddling such rubbish is violating the Kodi Foundation terms of service/trademark by doing so, and from many examples you can find in the trash section here will also just take your money and run.

Such devices inevitably stop working sooner or later when the piracy add-ons fail as their sources get found and shut down, at which point you'll be left with a semi (or non) functional device that you can do nothing with.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok thanks for the info will stay clear of fully loaded Devices.
The reason I am asking is I installed Kodi on my Pc and got it going I then transferred
it on to a USB Drive but when I put it onto the LG Smart Tv I got Kodi files but not
the exe so I couldn't put it on to my apps that why I was asking is because my tv is not android.

Regards
A Fire Stick is not a USB drive, it's essentially a small low powered computer that runs Android and outputs the image via its HDMI output into the TV. The TV is just acting as a display, and not actually running Kodi at all. The Android version of Kodi runs on the stick.

That's the key difference here - the OS on your TV cannot support and run Kodi, but the one on the fire stick can (as it's Android on the stick). It's like trying to install the Android version of Kodi on your PC- it won't work as your PC doesn't run Android.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-22, 14:58)DarrenHill Wrote: A Fire Stick is not a USB drive, it's essentially a small low powered computer that runs Android and outputs the image via its HDMI output into the TV. The TV is just acting as a display, and not actually running Kodi at all. The Android version of Kodi runs on the stick.

That's the key difference here - the OS on your TV cannot support and run Kodi, but the one on the fire stick can (as it's Android on the stick). It's like trying to install the Android version of Kodi on your PC- it won't work as your PC doesn't run Android.

Thx for that as I have just bought a firestick and thought what was said in other thread I had made a mistake thx again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LG Smart Not Andriod0