Win Kodi stops playing video exactly 1 hour after PC is turned on
If it's the standard Windows share with a network folder then it will be SMB/CIFS.

If you look on the MyCloud's web dashboard you may see options for the other methods. Personally I prefer NFS, as for me it's faster as I'm streaming from the MyCloud Mirror (a Linux-based device) to a Raspberry Pi (also a Linux based device) and NFS is optimised for that.

In your case as you're streaming to a Windows PC then you should be OK either way, but it may be worth a try if you want to experiment (and if the MyCloud supports it of course). Just turn it on and then when you add your source in Kodi, one of the available options should be NFS (it's normally up near the top of the list on the browse new share screen). Then just point that at the name/IP address of the MyCloud and take it from there.

Anyway glad it's working now, albeit in rather mysterious circumstances... Smile
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hehe ok. I will have a look at the NFS option.
Thanks to all for the help :-)

Edit: I don't see any option for NFS, so it's probably not supported by this MyCloud. But I can live with that, as long the other method works :-)
This is the one I have and with that firmware (latest).
HTPC specs: AMD A8-6600K Quadcore 3.9-4.2GHz | GeForce GT1030 
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
I'd say your Z drive on your PC maps to your MyCloud over SMB/CIFS. Default for Windows.

EDIT: posting without reading all posts. Smile
...DJVege...
HTPC: G840 + GT430 + 2GB RAM + 30GB SSD
Remote: iPad/iPhone + iRule + USB-UIRT // FireFly RF Remote
Software: XBMC Eden + Eventghost + Win7
Crap... It started again.
Checked for when I turned the PC on and yes it was exactly 2 hours ago. Kodi was not in use after the first hour.
If I test, having Kodi playing something, I'm sure it stops again at 22:44 (Denmark time).

This is pretty annoying. I haven't made any changes since the last time after it was fixed.
Strange.
Gigabyte FM2+ GA-F2A78M-D3H | Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB | Win10 Pro x64 | Kodi 19.0 Matrix | Samsung Q60R | WD My Cloud 4TB NAS.
Check if your MyCloud has done a firmware update or something like that first.

I've had my Mirror do that on me before and occasionally things get reset or changed in those times.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
No new firmware and apparently nothing is changed in MyCloud.
I tried disconnect the shared network drive and connect again, and changed some settings under power management, but it stopped again as planned at 22:44.
Now I try again after removing my BitDefender Total Security. To see if that should be the problem. I will see in about 50 minutes.
Annoying, that I must wait one hour every time to test modifications.
One hour passed and it didn't stopped.
So It might have been the BitDefender that made some problems.
Will try a few days and see if it works and try to install BitDefender again, to see if the problem begins again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stops playing video exactly 1 hour after PC is turned on0