Lirc question.
I have Lirc working great but I was wondering if it's possible to remap my volume button on my remote to control the master volume instead of the volume in Kodi.

OS is Linux Mint 18 and I have a RC6 remote. Please help a fella out thanks! Smile

Sent from my SM-N920T
Bump.. anyone? I'm doing a search on Google with no luck :/

Sent from my SM-N920T
The master Volume? What do you mean by that? The Volume on your AVR? Or the Volume on your OS? Both aren't Kodi questions.

If for the AVR I have to say - no, not possible..completely different devices with different IR receivers.

If for your OS, ask a Linux Minut support forum.

General info...if passthrough is used, you can't control the volume at Kodi.
You can run commands that control the OS using IREXEC
@DaVu yeah the OS sorry. And I'll try the Linux Mint forum. Figure someone here might know....

I'll also look into Lrexec

Sent from my SM-N920T
Just set your TV volume to the highest or whatever doesn't cause noise and reduce your Kodi volume to a set level to represent what you did to the TV. I did that and haven't needed TV volume in a long time.

Also, if you use the above and only need the TV volume once in a while, there are a bunch of free Android apps that will map to your TV in about 5 seconds. You can then use your phone or tab to turn the TV on, volume, settings, whatever.

Just a thought.
I use 5.1 PC speakers though so that wouldn't help. I even asked on the Mint forum and of course no one replied and it's been a week. All I want to do is map the volume up and down volume to control the OS volume like I can my keyboard.

Sent from my SM-N920T
(2016-08-04, 07:38)oldecw86 Wrote: I use 5.1 PC speakers though so that wouldn't help. I even asked on the Mint forum and of course no one replied and it's been a week. All I want to do is map the volume up and down volume to control the OS volume like I can my keyboard.

Sent from my SM-N920T

I gave you the solution to use your remote to control OS volume. Did you try it?
I couldn't find much on Lrexec except it seems to be used to remote control the os from another PC? I use my main PC also as my htpc. I basically just want to remap the volume buttons. I use Lirc. I'm not sure how else to explain what I'm trying to do its simple :/

In Windows we have the advanced mce mapping tool I always used that to remap the volume buttons. In Linux we don't have such a tool sadly.

Sent from my SM-N920T
(2016-08-05, 11:38)oldecw86 Wrote: Lrexec

Try looking for irexec. That's I as in ice. It's short for infrared execute.

That said, I've had trouble getting irexec to work they way I wanted to. Hope you have better luck than I did.
I feel dumb now. I actually found out it was an I rather than an l last night. I read around but was pretty overwhelm with it. Something so simple yet so complex. I have a shitty lil mini keyboard I can use for the volume. Thanks for the replies though!

Sent from my SM-N920T

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lirc question.0