Remote control with Openelec 6.0.3
Hi all,

I hope that this is the right place for my question.
I have recently updated my RPI 2 from Openelec 5.0.8 to Openelec 6.0.3, after I did that everything seems to work fine, except for my remote control that now doesn't work.
I have tried to search online and also posted a question in their forum but for now, they haven't responded at all.

Do you have any idea for how I can fix it? In a more general note, it looks like their forum is not active as it was before, is there a better solution for media center (KODI) on the RPI 2?

Thanks a lot,
Shlomi
You can use libreelec which is a drop in replacement
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-08-02, 07:35)shlomilanton Wrote: Hi all,

I have recently updated my RPI 2 from Openelec 5.0.8 to Openelec 6.0.3, after I did that everything seems to work fine, except for my remote control that now doesn't work.
I have tried to search online and also posted a question in their forum but for now, they haven't responded at all.

Do you have any idea for how I can fix it? In a more general note, it looks like their forum is not active as it was before, is there a better solution for media center (KODI) on the RPI 2?

Thanks a lot,
Shlomi

What type of remote is it?

As said LibreELEC is an alternative to OpenELEC.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Hi,

This is my remote: https://www.amazon.com/HP-Infrared-Recei...te+Control

I will try to install LibreELEC.
Thanks
(2016-08-02, 07:35)shlomilanton Wrote: Hi all,

Thanks a lot,
Shlomi

edit your config.txt file and add this line:

Code:
dtoverlay=lirc-rpi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote control with Openelec 6.0.30