New 4K HDTV, all files play @ 120 Hz
Hello:
Upgraded to 4K HDTV and now all files playback at 120HZ instead of native refresh rate. I'm guessing this is because the set does 120Hz and its a multiple of 24, 30 & 60.

I have match refresh rate on and sync to display off. Kodi resolution is 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz, which is correct, but when files play they all play at 120Hz, confirmed by Vizio P65 app.

I'm guessing you're going to tell me to SSH in and edit xander to remove 120Hz or something like that, but I don't quite remember the exact specifics.

Currently running Kodi 15.2 EGL on OE/ Beebox hardware....I'm old and stuffy and resistant to change. Big GrinBig Grin Rofl

Running debug now stand by.

Thanks team Kodi for your help.
...and of course I keep getting an error when I send the log.
Hello:
Upgraded to 4K HDTV and now all files playback at 120HZ instead of native refresh rate. I'm guessing this is because the set does 120Hz, its a multiple of 24, 30 & 60 and kodi detects it.

I have match refresh rate on and sync to display off. Kodi resolution is 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz, which is correct, but when files play they all play at 120Hz, confirmed by Vizio P65 app.

I'm guessing you're going to tell me to SSH in and edit xrandr to remove 120Hz or something like that, but I don't quite remember the exact specifics.

Currently running Kodi 15.2 EGL on OE/ Beebox hardware....I'm old and stuffy and resistant to change. Big Grin

Running debug now stand by. EDIT i keep getting an error when I run kodi log uploader and pastebin says I exceeded the file size. Great.

Thanks team Kodi for your help.
Why are you spamming the forums, Post once and wait for a reply...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285303
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Threads merged.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorry, I always thought 3 threads were the minimum for spamming, not just 2....and wasn't quite sure which was appropriate since it spans into both realms. Rolleyes

Anyway if I set the kodi resolution to 3840 x 2160 it plays back 24p correctly now but is limited to 30 hz because the hdmi port is only 1.4.

Kodi sees the max refresh rate of 1920 x 1080 as 120hz and defaults to that at playback. I know I can SSH into my beebox (ive done it before) but I dont remember the command line & I've searched in the wiki w/ no luck.

I know its some kind of sudo something or other xrandr and edit that file but Lord help me, I'm just not that bright.

TIA
Lord won't help you, she only has vga output and runs Windows 3.11... retry your Debug Log and provide xrandr --verbose output.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-08-03, 06:24)fritsch Wrote: Lord won't help you, she only has vga output and runs Windows 3.11... retry your Debug Log and provide xrandr --verbose output.

Thank you fritsch for some reason I got errors when uploading debug, will try again when I get home tonight.
No luck using kodi log uploader, and I've used it a few times in the past...I know the rules. Big Grin I tried 2 email addresses to troubleshoot. When I try to paste it to pastebin.com it says I've exceeded the file size...which I don't get because I run a clean minimal kodi. Just not my day.

I know what to do, I need to SSH into the beebox run a command line to open xrandr, edit it & remove 120Hz from 1920x1080....I just don't remember the commands. Not a linux guy, sorry.
xrandr: http://sprunge.us/NUWQ

kodi log: http://sprunge.us/OfhA

Thanks fritsch!
Sorry, not a Debug Log and you don't play a single file in it. Turn on debugging (System -> Settings) and then play a video file, afterwards upload the log.

xrandr -r 24

^^ does this change to 24 hz?

xrandr -r 60

^^ does this switch back?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hello fritsch:
You can consider the matter closed. I decided to quit fighting the laws of physics, nature and HDMI and just run the Beebox at 3840 x 2160 @ 30 Hz and use that at < 30Hz material (it's HDMI 1.4). Playback is fine.

I'll just use SPMC on the Shield to handle all 1080p 60 Hz files, which does playback correctly at 60 Hz. I prefer the picture quality of the Beebox over the Shield, the passthru is more in sync and movies are more critical viewing than concerts.

Thanks!
It's not closed. You gave up that's all.
(2016-08-05, 06:32)fritsch Wrote: It's not closed. You gave up that's all.

You're right. I compromised. And now I have brought much shame to my village.Wink It means i have to use a 30Hz main screen. Unacceptable! Nod

After doing reading on the kodi & OE wiki's I'm pretty sure I know what I need to do...backup xorg.conf, edit it to remove 120 & 119.88 Hz from 1920 x 1080p, and save and make it use that new file.Then all playback will be at normal refresh rates. Works this way on Kodi on Shield & Win 10/ geforce card and easy to set up because of OS+UI for dummies. I just don't know the proper command lines. I'm no linux guy .And you're correct, I screwed up the log file, I figured out the commands for that but I didn't run a fresh debug before I did it. D'uh. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Nod
You just need to post a proper Debug Log after having played a single movie while turning on debugging rebooting before that, nothing else. Is that so hard?

No need to be a linux guy at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New 4K HDTV, all files play @ 120 Hz0