Alpha Kodi Not Working
hi guys i updated kodi on ATV4 to the latest build but when i open my programmes in kodi it goes to a white screen and goes back to the ATV4 menu. this has happened on the last 2 builds. has anyone else got the same problem or found a fix?
Devices:
Apple TV 4th Gen
iPhone 6S Plus
iPad Pro 9.7"
Apple Watch 1st Gen
This has only just started happening to me on the August 23 and 24 builds. Never occurred before. Happening on tvOS 9.2.2. Got 2 appleTV's, and its happening on both and both started on the same above versions.

Any idea why this is now popping up?

Any potential fix?
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.
Should also add that there are no addons, nothing special, nothing changed from stock install.
However, I can resign the July 30 release install that back over the top and that works absolutely fine, white screen and crash issue gone.

Just having the issue for the August 23 and 24 builds
I'm experience the same problem for 23/24 August and the previous before having problem not being able to forward/rewind movie at all. So go back to the oldest 30/07/2016 built.

Any solution for this?
Might be worth it to post a Debug Log
Makes no sense - i test all builds before posting and there is nothing special when it comes to signing with the last 2 builds.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Same issue for me.
My suggestion would be to remove the app from the device and re-install using Xcode

You'll of course lose all your settings...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
I don't get it either. I did see people start to have issues earlier this month but I was lucky at that stage. The August 13 build did break rewind and fast forward for me so I rolled back to July 30 again.

But these last 2 builds, 23 & 24 August just do the white screen and crash.

I might try and do a debug log tonight and re-update to see if that helps you guys at all (in terms of debug logs).

I don't really want to uninstall the whole thing and lose all settings (Kodi is connected to an SMB services with thousands of files scraped through thetvdb and movie scrapers). The July 30 build is working without issue so I'd rather stay on (or keep rolling back to) that until a fix is found.

P.s long time user and first time poster (well, until yesterday), love the amazing work you guys do and keep it up
Same problem here. Last two builds crash after a few seconds
Ok so done debug logs, not sure if I got overzealous but I got 3 links.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23092785
https://paste.ubuntu.com/23092783
https://paste.ubuntu.com/23092779

It can't be a provisioning profile issue because it signs fine. Certificates are fine (given I can sign and properly run the July 30 build).

Hopefully those logs provide some insight.
Only difference i see is that the video library verson increased from 106 to 107 between the july build and august. And the log stops for you where it tries to get the recently added albums. No errors in there whatsoever.

Though i think you guys are talking about different issues. Those logs show that kodi was started. It shouldn't have shown a white screen here...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I can honestly say a white screen happened and Kodi crashed after updating it to the August 24 build (then rolled back to July 30 to get the debug file).

Is there anything else I could do that could help determine why the white screen is happening now?
I need a crash report. You would need to connect the atv4 to your mac, startup xcode and go into the devices section (where you normally install Kodi). There should be a device log section or so. And with a little luck there should be crash reports matching your crashes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Not Working0