Win UPnP Sharing problems
I have recently installed a second copy of KODI on another computer in the home.

I would like to share the database and movies from my primary installation which holds all the movies. I followed the directions from the Wiki for UPnP installation.

My problems are as follows:

1. The “Movies” and “TV Shows” menu items won’t populate. In fact, in the default Confluence skin, I had no Movies or TV Shows menu items, nor could I find them in the setup menus. Only when I changed to Aeon Nox did they appear, but could not be populated.

2. To find my movies and TV shows, I have to drill down to “Files” and they all appear with its associated data (year, actors, watched status etc). But when I select a movie it won’t play. It just keeps telling me to check the log file.

If I use Windows Explorer, I can play the movie using MPC-HC with no problems.

The log file is here. http://pastebin.com/3q8PqmSW

Can anyone see what the problem is? Looking at the log file, I seem to have a host of other problems as well on this second installation.

Thanks
That's simply how UPnP works in Kodi. They are a file share with metadata, and are not actually a part of the client's internal library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UPnP Sharing problems0