Subtitle/audio track playlist problem.
I have a bit of a weird problem which hopefully I can recieve some guidance from a Kodi dev on.

I use a fork of the popular PseudoTV addon - wait! Don't go anywhere! I promise this belongs here.

Here's the github link:
https://github.com/Steveb1968/script.pseudotv/

Anyway, when I use it, I'm unable to switch audio or use subtitles. A quick examination of the code shows that it seems to be because everything is handled under xbmc.PLAYLIST_MUSIC - which presumably disables subtitles and audio tracks. I don't know why this is, my guess is that it's more friendly to disabling various functionality not needed for pseudoTV. My second guess is that it might be a pain to rewrite the addon code to use PLAYLIST_VIDEO, and I didn't want to ask him about that just yet since he seems to maintain the project for his own purposes.

Which brings me to this. Does a Kodi dev know where the disabling happens for subs/audio when PLAYLIST_MUSIC is used in the code? Is it that simple that I can pop in and comment them out, or am I making a molehill out of a mountain? Alternatively, would I be better off asking the addon maintainer, or do I not even have the problem correctly identified in the first place? Ultimately, I'm trying to take care of this by myself as much as I can, without asking anyone to do any work for me, but I have no familiarity with the codebase, so it would be nice to at least be pointed in the right direction.

Any help/guidance is appreciated. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle/audio track playlist problem.0