• 1(current)
Zidoo X9S
Hi all,

As my Samsung KS8000 seems to have difficulties playing 4k x265 10bit files without artifacts or stutters, I am planning to buy a new mediaplayer.

So far I am doubting between the Nvidia Shield, the HiMedia Q10 Pro and the upcoming Zidoo Z9S (releasing end of this month).

As I am missing a good test for the Nvidia Shield when it comes to the above format and there is no test at all for the Zidoo, I was wondering if someone could tell me if the Shield has any issues with the above format and if there are plans for an indepth review of the X9S (like the one for the Q10Pro written by HDMK)?

Many thanks in advance!
I have had a Zidoo, but have had a lot of problems with it! The support of Zidoo was very bad.
Now I have the Himedia Q10 Pro and I think it is the best Android box of this moment.
It play all very well and I have had no problems yet.
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
Yes Zidoo has burnt a bunch of Kodi users in the past with hopeless Hardware support
They make a lot of promises and fail to deliver. Don't trust them.

There is a very good reason I awarded the nVIDIA Shield - King of the Android Boxes in the Pick The Right Kodi Box thread. It pretty much does everything apart from 3D and deinterlacing at the moment and has proper DRM for 1080/2160p protected video streaming Apps.

4K Netflix is 10bit HEVC. I've have not seen a bunch of Shield owners complaining about HEVC video playback problems. I have seen Q10 Pro owners complaining about 23.976fps video sync issues tho.

Realtek doesn't have a good track record so far. Not even just with Kodi, but in general lots of bugs in the Android firmware. I tested out a box with the RTD1195 and it was pretty bad. I don't imagine support for the RTD1295 is going to be much better.
(2016-08-15, 04:50)wrxtasy Wrote: It pretty much does everything apart from deinterlacing at the moment
I don't think deinterlacing is totally broken on the Shield. I have seen no issues with 1080i60 MPEG-2 channels with HDHomeRun EXTEND OTA. The issue seems to be with 1080i50 or with H.264 channels (not sure there is any ATSC broadcast in the U.S. that uses H.264). I had asked this question on the Shield forum, but haven't got any response so far.
Great! Thanks for all your feedback!!
(2016-08-15, 04:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes Zidoo has burnt a bunch of Kodi users in the past with hopeless Hardware support

There is a very good reason I awarded the nVIDIA Shield - King of the Android Boxes in the Pick The Right Kodi Box thread. It pretty much does everything apart from 3D and deinterlacing at the moment and has proper DRM for 1080/2160p protected video streaming Apps.

4K Netflix is 10bit HEVC. I've have not seen a bunch of Shield owners complaining about HEVC video playback problems. I have seen Q10 Pro owners complaining about 23.976fps video sync issues tho.

Can you please point out what users did they burn?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
How did you go with your previous Zidoo X6 Pro, ever get 23.976fps video working ?
1080p 3D Frame Packed Video output ?
HD Audio Passthrough ?

I don't think I'd touch another Zidoo product, even for free, w/o user reports proving key functionality works as promised. Granted, they and HiMedia did try (and are still trying) with X6 and Rockchip RK3368, but only so much can be done when SoC itself lets you down. Zidoo claiming issues were fixed (when not) with every f/w release didn't help. With X5, they switched to AML S905, but support has been dismal from what I can see in their forum.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-08-15, 15:58)wrxtasy Wrote: How did you go with your previous Zidoo X6 Pro, ever get 23.976fps video working ?
1080p 3D Frame Packed Video output ?
HD Audio Passthrough ?

I am just trying to be fair, Zidoo is the only manufacturer that provided their source to help 3D MVC-ISO to work on some of the Kodi's hardware.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-08-15, 04:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes Zidoo has burnt a bunch of Kodi users in the past with hopeless Hardware support

Where can I find your Shield review? Smile
Appropriate 23.976 frame
(2016-08-18, 12:06)mirror88 Wrote: Appropriate 23.976 frame
23.97543 to be exact (74.174MHz/2750*1125) which is similar to what I have seen in all Amlogic SoCs so far. What about for 2160p? You will need a different analyzer for checking that.
MVC(BDMV,ISO,MKV)Auto framepacking.
3D subtitle(PGS and External)
3D depth adjustment
Change 3D left-right eyesview
3D subtitle depth
Wish you luck... those screenshots are encouraging, but it's deja vu as you had posted similar with X6 just before its release. If X9S actually delivers on proper FPS in/out, full 3D, 4K, etc. as above screenshots seem to indicate, I'll eat my own words Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S1