auto-create .nfo files?
hello!

i was playing around with xbmc recently and think it would be a nice feature when .nfo files were autogenerated if there is none in a movie's folder.
since the imdb scraper automatically does an imdb lookup, why shouldn't it write the url automatically into a new .nfo file?

background: i am currently in a stage, where i am going to put all my media onto a fileserver. however, it seems to be a lot of work to manually create a .nfo file for each movie folder, start up imdb, checkk for the url by myself and save it into that respective .nfo file.
Patch welcome.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Im wondering (havent tried this...) but the xml files that are generated from a successful lookup should be able to be renamed and dumped in the mvies directory and work about the same...
There's export code in the videodatabase to do this - it exports to a single XML file (for all movies).

It would be a simple enough change to allow it to export into individual folders - something nice and contained for someone to work into a patch.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'd put a smiley face in a post for anyone that made this patch. In fact, I'll give it to them ahead of time...

Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
auto-create .nfo files?0