• 1(current)
Release TheTVDB.com Official TV Scraper

Site used: https://thetvdb.com/
Status: Written in python3, so access is limited to Kodi 19 (Matrix) and later.

We're happy to announce our officially supported Kodi scrapers for TheTVDB.com.  These leverage our latest API and are written to work with the latest Kodi versions.  Older versions of TheTVDB scrapers are considered deprecated, as it will become necessary at some point to turn off our legacy APIs.

TheTVDB scrapers include both a TV and movie scraper and access is entirely free for Kodi users.  This TV scraper will download our full set of metadata plus artwork for series, seasons, episodes, and actors.  This scraper relies on matching your folder name to TheTVDB show titles. Episodes are matched on the season/episode numbering of your filename (S01E01).  All season orders are available, including aired, DVD, absolute, and various alternate orders that are used for regional releases (ie Money Heist recut on Netflix, Disney+ series being recut and reordered, etc).

Note that some orders on TheTVDB may be named differently than the order shown in the scraper, as we allow overriding the order name per series (ie Money Heist includes a "Netflix" order).  You can find the order to select (ie "Alternate") within the scraper by looking at the note below the season list on TheTVDB.  Please refer to the wiki for configuration instructions.

Please report issues on the repo linked below.  Additional support is available through our support system and we'll also be maintaining a presence here on the Kodi forums.  Special thanks to Roman for writing the plugin for us and to Karellen and the rest of the Kodi board for their patience, guidance, and support.

Installing
The scraper is available to install from the Official Kodi Repository and named The TVDB v4 by TVDB Team.

Useful links:
Github
Scraper Wiki
TheTVDB Support
TheTVDB Official Movie Scraper
- Reserved -
- Reserved 2 -
Is this supposed to replace the other 2 tvdb scrapers ("TVDB", "TVDB (new)") in the official repo? If not, what's the point in hosting 3 different TVDB scrapers in the official repo? The only thing it seems to provide is confusion.
(2022-05-29, 07:11)teriyaki Wrote: Is this supposed to replace the other 2 tvdb scrapers ("TVDB", "TVDB (new)") in the official repo?
Yes.
Once TVDB shut down v1, v2 and v3 of the TVDB API, this will be the only TVDB scraper that will work.
When that is happening, I have no idea.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Good afternoon. I just started using TVDBv4, and I can not get three TV shows to scrape.
I was hoping that someone could chime in on what I am doing wrong.

My system is a Netbox A95x (S905x) running 19.4 CoreElec. My database is stored on a separate sql (MariaDB) server.
Here are my log files, but I can't see any errors related to scanning TV shows in them (there are two movies that don't scan, but that is another scraper not yours).
http://ix.io/3Zex

I have removed and recreated the my media library, but it did not resolve the issue.

The shows I can not scrape are
Robot Chicken, Thundercats (2011), and The Twilight Zone (2019).

My naming conventions are fairly standard. So I don't think that is the issue, and I have 100s of other shows that seem to scrape fine.
For example:
Folder       'Robot Chicken'
Sub folder 'Season 01'
File            'Robot.Chicken.S01E01.The.Deep.End.avi'

I also have a helper tvshow.nfo file in each of the shows.
For Robot Chicken it has the address 'https://thetvdb.com/series/robot-chicken' and nothing else.
In the past that was usually sufficient to get the scraper to work.

Can you provide any help in resolving this issue?
Please let me know if there is additional info needed to help troubleshoot.

I have also created ticket TVDB-924195 with the same info provided here.
@wizardknight

I don't know what that log is you provided, but its not a Kodi debug log.

Please provide a log that captures you trying to scrape those tv shows.... Debug Log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen

Thank you for your response.
This log was taken from /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

If you would like a different log file I will try to get it, but I will need more specific instructions.

Here is the a new log file created today after re-scanning.

https://paste.kodi.tv/raw/dedufiyihu
A few things...

- Debugging was not enabled in Kodi when this log was created. Enable it, restart CoreELEC and reproduce the problem(s). Then provide the new log file.
- It's best to have the default Estuary skin active when troubleshooting.

Code:
2022-06-03 08:11:33.588 T:4271 INFO <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
2022-06-03 08:11:34.408 T:3842 INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(2, /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.google.earth/default.py): script successfully run
2022-06-03 08:11:34.813 T:3842 INFO <general>: Python interpreter interrupted by user
2022-06-03 08:12:08.698 T:4271 WARNING <general>: Process directory 'smb://192.168.15.150/15tb_NAS/Data/Media/Epsoides/The Librarian/' does not exist - skipping scan.
2022-06-03 08:13:33.855 T:4298 INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2022-06-03 08:13:35.210 T:3690 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.google.earth/resources/skins/default/1080i/default.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
2022-06-03 08:14:06.263 T:4271 INFO <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 02:32

Only one folder is showing up, that doesn't help much. And FYI, you also have a typo in your folder path: Epsoides, which is now scraped into your video library.
@wizardknight

In addition to klojum's comments, you also need to scrape the tv show while debug mode is running. The log you provided is of no help whatsoever.
Please follow the steps... Debug Log
Also paste the contents of your tvshow.nfo file to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link. Same for the log.
My Signature
Although the scraper will allow you to set a primary language and it will automatically fall back to English, I was wondering if it's possible to have English be the primary language and have a different language be the fallback? Basically the inverse of the existing procedure. My use case is probably a fringe one, but for my library I'd prefer to have English if available, and fall back to Japanese if not (for example).
This won't scrape any shows that have numbers at the end of the title like Sealab 2020, Sealab 2021, Phantom 2040, Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040, and Black Magic M-66.

gakihamibo.kodi (paste)
(2022-06-16, 19:24)derezzed Wrote: Black Magic M-66.
That is a movie, so it won't scrape with the tv show scraper.

As for the other tv shows, the numbers are being misread as years. ie- year of release.
https://api4.thetvdb.com/v4/search?year=2040&type=series&limit=10&query=Bubblegum+Crisis+Tokyo

You need to force Kodi to ignore that number by adding the actual year.
Rename your folders by adding the year in brackets and it will work...
Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 (2001)
My Signature
Hi

Does anyone have a working version of the "TVDB" scraper in a "ZIP" file that will install and work on Leia 18.9. The new version wont work with mine, and I cant find or DL an order version from the Kodi repository

Thanks
@MrGonzo

This TVDB v4 scraper is v19 and later only. Nothing for v18 or earlier.

The original TVDB scraper was marked as broken last week so it was removed from the repository.

There is no TVDB scraper for v18 or earlier. You will need to use TMDB scraper or update to v19.
My Signature
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheTVDB.com Official TV Scraper0