Windows10 + Kodi wont let PC Sleep
Hi Guys,

Got a couple issues regarding the title.

1. For some reason Kodi will not let my PC running Windows10 sleep (Anniversary Update). My computer lights are constantly on no matter how I adjust the sleep settings.

2. The above wouldnt even be an issue if when the computer is left on Kodi is horribly slow + choppy. Moving around through the menu is extremely laggy and then when going to play any video its unwatchable and choppy until I restart my PC

Any advice for either issue?
Much appreciated

Hardware/Software
Alienware Alpha (i3, 4gb, 1TB SSD)
Win 10 Anniversary update
Kodi 16.1
*I believe all drivers and everything are up to date but open to any feedback on how to ensure this
I had the same problem, went back to Windows 8. In My case i think there are no new drivers for some components and only standard drivers.

You could try this:

to determine what program is keeping your system from sleeping:

Run cmd.exe with administrative privileges (this is key, powercfg will run under anything, but will give incorrect results)Run powercfg -requests to get a listing of items currently preventing sleep

Then this

Resolution when Driver srvnet is the problem (not sure if work on WIN 10)[/B]
Issue was resolved by running following command at the elevated command prompt:

powercfg -requestsoverride "DRIVER" "srvnet" "System"

This command tells system to ignore all power requests made by srvnet[/B] driver.
To reverse the changes run following:

powercfg -requestsoverride "DRIVER" "srvnet"

To view all ignored drivers and processes run:

powercfg -requestsoverride
Did you try running in windows 8 compat, mode first? win10 can run Kodi 16.1 and greater perfectly now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows10 + Kodi wont let PC Sleep0