Just installed Krypton beta, not impressed with skin...
I just installed the Krypton beta under OS X and there are two things I dislike about the new skin. The first is nothing seems to be laid out logically, but that that may be in part because I am used to Confluence, Titan, and Neon (the three skins I am most used to). But the larger issue is I can't figure out how you get to Addons, by that I mean the screen where you manage your existing addons or install new ones. I found the Addons under System Settings but there is no obvious way to enable, disable, or change the settings on addons. I had to go enable my PVR addon before it would work, and just could not figure out how to do it until I installed Confluence.

This skin needs a bit more work. Things like managing addons shouldn't be hidden.

At first glance I don't care for this skin, but I suppose I could get used to it if it were not quite such a challenge to find things. I have no great love for Confluence, but at least I know my way around in that.
How about the Addons button on main menu?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
You go to addons on the main menu when the screen opens up you then go down the bottom to the box with the arrow pointing down that opens addon browser. Also is on the sub-menu

Now think when windows os gets a new version things change and look different and harder to find things. Eg a great example is from win7 to win8. You don't have to like it. You need to remember that krypton is a new beast all together.

You can teach a old dog new tricks, it just takes patients.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
(2016-08-24, 02:06)Rjsachse Wrote: You need to remember that krypton is a new beast all together.
I'm not sure you can say that. Estuary's a makeover / a new suit.
There's no reason to use it if you don't want to - like plenty of people I haven't used the default skin much if at all for years.
Other skins are still out there.
I feel your pain I did the same thing, could not find the add-on settings anywhere. There is another thread in the feature request section talking about the same thing. 282117 (thread)

If a PR was made that added that functionality under settings>add-ons(can’t remember the path to get to add-ons) would it possibly be accepted?
Is it so hard to install confluence?
(2016-08-24, 18:18)Av3nged Wrote: If a PR was made that added that functionality under settings>add-ons(can’t remember the path to get to add-ons) would it possibly be accepted?

it would get my +1, i find the current implementation a bit inconvenient.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
There's already something jdd-uk is working on (or something). Bluntly adding that button back in settings doesn't feel correct
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
didn't really like that solution either, burying access to addon browser somewhere three levels deep in settings.

imo, besides video playback, the use of addons is one of the most popular features of kodi.
as such, it should be very easily accessible.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I didn't have much trouble finding the addon browser, it is tiny; but, how the heck do you add a source in file manager other than picture, music, or video. How do you add a url for addons etc?

I gave up on 17 a week or so ago, has live TV support made it in yet?
Yeah, until estuary allows us to create a shortcut (link to a folder), I wont be using it. Why no other skin besides Titan has decided to do this is really frustrating. I mean, who wants to filter 1000+ movies with the genre filters like 30 deep when you can easily have Comedy, Action, Drama, Horror, Kids etc..

Oh well, its a small abeit important thing that has been requested as long as I can remember--and I had xbmc on the original xbox! What was that, like 15 years ago?

Such a shame this overhaul didnt include it. Is it hidden and I just missed it?

Enough of my new skin soapbox rant. Great job on everything else with the beta! The Nvidia shield audio passthrough is working beautifully and Atmos and DTSX sound wonderful!

Nice work Devs!

TK
Video: JVC RS540 w/Anamorphic Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH
Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7
7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
4 HTM-200SE for Atmos / DTS:X
Sources: Nvidia Shield Pro / Xbox One X <||Theater Pics||>
(2016-08-25, 01:15)tknice1 Wrote: Yeah, until estuary allows us to create a shortcut (link to a folder), I wont be using it. Why no other skin besides Titan has decided to do this is really frustrating.
There are loads of skins that allow for custom shortcuts - to folders, favourites, smart playlists etc.
Do you mean something elseHuh
(2016-08-25, 01:37)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-08-25, 01:15)tknice1 Wrote: Yeah, until estuary allows us to create a shortcut (link to a folder), I wont be using it. Why no other skin besides Titan has decided to do this is really frustrating.
There are loads of skins that allow for custom shortcuts - to folders, favourites, smart playlists etc.

Which ones? I've tried lots of the popular ones.. Doesn't really matter I guess, Titan is very good. My main point was Estuary not having this feature. Crazy that it was left out of the redesign.
Video: JVC RS540 w/Anamorphic Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH
Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7
7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
4 HTM-200SE for Atmos / DTS:X
Sources: Nvidia Shield Pro / Xbox One X <||Theater Pics||>
(2016-08-25, 02:28)tknice1 Wrote:
(2016-08-25, 01:37)trogggy Wrote:

Which ones? I've tried lots of the popular ones.. Doesn't really matter I guess, Titan is very good. My main point was Estuary not having this feature. Crazy that it was left out of the redesign.

Here : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267343
 Estuary MOD V2 
(2016-08-25, 02:28)tknice1 Wrote: Which ones? I've tried lots of the popular ones.. Doesn't really matter I guess, Titan is very good. My main point was Estuary not having this feature. Crazy that it was left out of the redesign.
As above there's at least one mod of estuary.
This lists out of date (ie up to Isengard) but the second table lists a ton of skins that support custom home items...
Skin_features_compatibility_list (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just installed Krypton beta, not impressed with skin...1