Strange internet speed related issue
This is a strange one.....I have 45 mbps down through ethernet...what i pay for and confirmed by ookla
wireless drops to about 30 mbps....this has been checked and confirmed through my BROWSERS....however
when using KODI 16.1....my ethernet speed drops to like 1 mbps and wireless about 20 mbps...checked thru
TDB and Total installer addon speed checks from the KODI server

This has only developed recently as I use ethernet mostly and started getting buffering issues....so the speed check
from my local server is 45 ethernet and 30 wifi....from kodi server 1 ethernet 20 wifi....i also used ARES speed check
which also checked from MY LOCAL SERVER and I got the 45/30...so is this a KODI SERVER thing?

I use m8 and Andoer boxes....Andoer...2GB RAM/16 GB ROM....
Initially I thought maybe the protocol for the physical ethernet connection maybe limited by the box and the wifi by the router
but it really does not addup to me

What am I missing??....is there a setting?....anyone else experience this??

Any assistance will be appreciated..thanks
Have you per chance read the free content (wiki) and banned add-ons (wiki) pages?
How does ARES check your local server's speed?
We don't offer any support for installations such as yours that are contaminated with banned add-ons (wiki) and repos.

Read the forum rules (wiki) and if you want support here then clean your system up and post a debug log (wiki) if the issue persists.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange internet speed related issue0