How to make Ubuntu Kodi work like Mac version?
I've run XBMC/Kodi on Mac for many years and now I'm setting up a system on Ubuntu for a friend.

Some things are not working the same on the Ubuntu installation. What settings/changes are required to make it work the same way as on my Mac?

These are my top 2:

1) ESC key behavior:

While playing a video
Mac: Stops playback and returns to last menu
Ubuntu: Brings up menu overlay while play continues

In Menus
Mac: Takes the user back one level in the tree.
Ubuntu: Takes user back to home screen (instead, you have to click on the [...] to go up a level)

2) Playing .iso files

Mac: Brings up the DVD menu
Ubuntu: Treats it like a directory - show the Video.ts, then the sub files. Trying to play any of them freezes Kodi.

Mac behavior has been consistent through many versions/years, but here's what I have today:

Mac: OSX 10.11.6 Kodi 16.1

Ubuntu 16.04, Kodi 15.2

Thanks!
Thanks for your Debug Log, as without no one can help you, sadly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for responding.

I don't understand why I would provide a Debug Log when I'm not reporting an error?

I am simply asking for help with settings, parameters, or other changes to make my two Kodi implementations behave in the same way (if that's possible) - thanks.

If this is the wrong place to ask this question, just say so.

Kind regards.

(and if you would like to help, but require more information for some reason, please ask for it nicely. Your snarky "Thanks for your Debug Log" comes across as rude and unfriendly)
Quote:Mac: Brings up the DVD menu
Ubuntu: Treats it like a directory - show the Video.ts, then the sub files. Trying to play any of them freezes Kodi.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Concerning the "being nice": We have a sticky topic in this forum on what to provide when mentioning errors, cause no one can help without that information. It is quite rude to post in a forum without checking the sticky notes first :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make Ubuntu Kodi work like Mac version?0