Solved Resolution and pointer tramma (Krypton)
I have a few Kodi Krypton installs, one nightly and one beta 2 in 'portable' mode on an external drive. (I did have a desktop install, and the behaviour was the same). Installation went well, the launch in desktop mode was good, but moving to it's own screen, the resolution was terrible (very fuzzy) and the settings indicated 1920 x 1080, picked a sample 1080p movie to play and the res was good. But the desktop mouse pointer was hemmed in at what I though might be a 720p res image, I had to flip back to the desktop using slash to operate the OSD just to quite.. All versions acted the same or worse. Thought this was the end of my AMD 5770 gfx card, tried different software etc... One puzzling thing was when I used 'fullscreen window', the display was so large it looked like I was seeing one quarter of the Kodi home page of a 4K display.

I thought I saw a few message that might have these symptoms.

-overlarge image on screen
-mouse movement restricted
-fuzzy screen resolution.

The fix for windows 7/64 AMD 5770 (might work for other hardware) In the properties of Kodi launch icon, mark your o/s, compatibility mode, disable scaling on high DPI settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution and pointer tramma (Krypton)0