ServerWMC w/ FireTV Kodi Client Buffering
Hi All,
I was just wondering if anyone has a setup/configuration that works for using a 1st generation FireTV running Kodi to use as a media extender for ServerWMC?

Here is the setup I have:
HTPC running Windows 7 Media Center
Kodi Jarvis on both the HTPC and the FireTV
Wired powerline adapter going to FireTV and HTPC
HDHomerun Prime w/cable card

Playback of live TV and PVR recordings works fine on the HTPC. The FireTV is able to connect to ServerWMC through Kodi with the PVR addon enabled and pull the guide and channels. However, the playback of live TV and PVR recordings buffer a lot and is basically unwatchable. What is odd is that it was sort of working when I initially set it up with a few choppy playback hiccups and a day later it was much worse. The only thing I've changed is from the Bello skin to the Aeon MQ6 because there was no option in the PVR of the Bello skin to setup a series recording. Not sure if the skin would be the issue or not. My wife is getting really frustrated and taking it out on me, so I'm trying to make this work to avoid having to go out and get another PVR box from the cable company. If anyone has any ideas or a known setup and configuration that works, I would love it if you could share it with me. The main goal is for it to be able to function exactly like my HTPC and schedule/watch recordings from the FireTV. I know I could try the HDHomerun Kodi addon to watch live TV, but as far as I know, that wouldn't allow scheduling or watching PVR recordings from my HTPC/PVR through ServerWMC.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!
If you are having the buffering problems playing recordings, I'd guess the issue is your network speed.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I can try getting faster powerline adapters, but they are already 500mbps and I haven't had any problem with them streaming online content from FireTV without any buffering. I've just read about a lot of problems with FireTV and 1080i decoding properly with streams being served up by HDHomerun through ServerWMC. It might be more of a FireTV issue, so I was just wondering if anyone else has had any success or if there is any settings in ServerWMC that might help.
In gen1 of ftv, try turning off hardware acceleration in the kodi video playback settings
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
You were right. It appeared to be a network issue. I upgraded the powerline adapters to 1GB and it resolved the issue. I also tried the remux recorded tv setting and that may have helped as well. Thanks for the advice. I really thought the powerline adapters I was using would have been enough for a WMC stream.
Using a fire stick with mythtv back end, I had to create an advancedsettings.xml file to resolve a similar issue. Increasing the buffering was the key.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC w/ FireTV Kodi Client Buffering0