Smart playlist and mysql
so i set up a mysql database and it seems to be working

but nothing shows up in smartlists even though the shows have been scraped and i can see them fine when just browsing the folders.

how do i get them working?

heres one that i'm using

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
    <name>TV Shows</name>
    <match>one</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>H:\Tv Shows\</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="path" operator="contains">
        <value>G:\Tv Shows\</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>
Does it work if you take out one of the rules entirely and just have the one directory ?
Learning Linux the hard way !!
no it doesn't work either way.
These paths are exactly the same as the ones in sources.xml ?
Try taking out the backslashes from the path values, also the G: and H: Are those mapped drives?

Kodi might be seeing your source paths as network paths instead of mapped.
(2016-09-14, 19:40)pagali Wrote: Try taking out the backslashes from the path values, also the G: and H: Are those mapped drives?

Good point! Nod

MySQL requires that you use network paths, else you can't share between instances. Doh !!Rolleyes
(2016-09-14, 19:40)pagali Wrote: Try taking out the backslashes from the path values, also the G: and H: Are those mapped drives?

this is the first time i've used a mysql database for kodi.

i'm not sure what you mean by mapped drives.
also i'm not sharing files over a network, i just wanted to use the same database between regular kodi and dsplayer kodi.
one way i got it to show up is by selecting virtual folder tv shows

but that puts everything that's been scrapped as a tv show into it, which isn't very usable since i have hundreds of shows scraped.
I would change "contains" to "starts with".

Also it shouldn't matter to MySQL if the files are local or networked however the path must match the the used in source.xml

If you're using networked drives, personally i would avoid using mapping... I prefer samba shares.

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-09-16, 16:55)Lunatixz Wrote: I would change "contains" to "starts with".

Also it shouldn't matter to MySQL if the files are local or networked however the path must match the the used in source.xml

If you're using networked drives, personally i would avoid using mapping... I prefer samba shares.

Sent from my SM-G935T

i'm not using any network drives, merely the ones inside of my computer.
(2016-09-16, 18:55)Shogunreaper Wrote:

Sent from my SM-G935T

So did you check your source.xml and confirmed the path within the playlist is the same... also you changed "contains" to "starts with" ?
(2016-09-16, 19:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 18:55)Shogunreaper Wrote:

Sent from my SM-G935T

So did you check your source.xml and confirmed the path within the playlist is the same... also you changed "contains" to "starts with" ?

yes to both
It might be a stupid question (probably is) but 'i can see them fine when just browsing the folders' sounds like you're using a file view (ie via videos). Can you confirm you've set the content on both 'tv shows' folder, added them to the library and you can see the contents via the 'tv shows' menu item on your home screen?
(2016-09-17, 19:10)trogggy Wrote: It might be a stupid question (probably is) but 'i can see them fine when just browsing the folders' sounds like you're using a file view (ie via videos). Can you confirm you've set the content on both 'tv shows' folder, added them to the library and you can see the contents via the 'tv shows' menu item on your home screen?

+1 good call

Sent from my SM-G935T

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart playlist and mysql0