MXQ R9 K3229 help needed
Hello all,

I am really looking for some help, I just purchased the MXQ R9 K3229 mediaplayer, but once connected to the TV it already seems not to work properly:

- Kodi starts but the menu is empty, I only see the blue bars but there are no white letters in the bars as I am used to;
- If I start the browser in the application menu, it doesn't start at all

This are my first problems that I occur, and searched on the Web but could not find a fast and easy solution. Gonna need some help on this one and I was thinking of:

Option 1: totally new fresh installation of the xbmc....or any other formats? Fresh installation...

Option 2: new installation of the apps I need...

I am working on a Macbook Pro (form 2010), can you please help me with any instructions? As I read on the Internet I do believe there are a lot of possibilities with this Android Tv, but I really am a newbie to this one...

Thank you for your help/support!!

Best regards,

Gino
(2016-09-14, 18:48)ginoraoulroffa Wrote: Hello all,

I am really looking for some help, I just purchased the MXQ R9 K3229 mediaplayer, but once connected to the TV it already seems not to work properly:

- Kodi starts but the menu is empty, I only see the blue bars but there are no white letters in the bars as I am used to;
- Showbox does not react to any search criteria or does show any movies/tv shows;

This are my first problems that I occur, and searched on the Web but could not find a fast and easy solution. Gonna need some help on this one and I was thinking of:

Option 1: totally new fresh installation of the xbmc....or any other formats? Fresh installation...

I am working on a Macbook Pro (form 2010), can you please help me with any instructions? As I read on the Internet I do believe there are a lot of possibilities with this Android Tv, but I really am a newbie to this one...

Best regards,

Gino

First install better firmware.
It will be difficult since the MX* manufacturers use the 'ship and forget' method and don't provide any updates.
Secondly, delete any pre-installed Kodi and install SPMC or RKMC.
You have to flash from Windows or Linux, not possible from a MAC.
(2016-09-14, 18:48)ginoraoulroffa Wrote: - Showbox does not react to any search criteria or does show any movies/tv shows;

1) Follow the advice given. Uninstall and replace with clean, official Kodi installation.

2) Don't ask for help with piracy add-ons such as the one above. We do not discuss or provide support for piracy here, see the forums rules.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-09-14, 18:58)mo123 Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 18:48)ginoraoulroffa Wrote: Hello all,

- Showbox does not react to any search criteria or does show any movies/tv shows;

Best regards,

Gino

First install better firmware.
It will be difficult since the MX* manufacturers use the 'ship and forget' method and don't provide any updates.
Secondly, delete any pre-installed Kodi and install SPMC or RKMC.
You have to flash from Windows or Linux, not possible from a MAC.

HI Mo123,

thank you, can you advice me any SPMC or RKMC and a tutorial? sorry Noob....Or can I find the firmware at this forum? I will try to find a Windows system to flash the player... Smile

Gino
(2016-09-14, 20:41)Dangelus Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 18:48)ginoraoulroffa Wrote: - Showbox does not react to any search criteria or does show any movies/tv shows;

1) Follow the advice given. Uninstall and replace with clean, official Kodi installation.

2) Don't ask for help with piracy add-ons such as the one above. We do not discuss or provide support for piracy here, see the forums rules.

Hi Dangelus,

I edited the post and removed my question about Showbox.....
Sorry Mo123 is mentioning SPMC or RKMC....and you agree and tell me to install a official Kodi installation? I think those 2 mentioned by Mo123 are different from the Official Kodi installation?

Gino
(2016-09-14, 21:04)ginoraoulroffa Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 20:41)Dangelus Wrote:

Hi Dangelus,

Sorry Mo123 is mentioning SPMC or RKMC....and you agree and tell me to install a official Kodi installation? I think those 2 mentioned by Mo123 are different from the Official Kodi installation?

Gino

Thanks for making that edit.

SPMC is a quasi official Android optimised build of Kodi (maintained by the former Android dev) and very well respected on this forum so you couldn't go wrong with that. RKMC I haven't heard of actually but I'm no expert in such matters.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-09-14, 22:37)Dangelus Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 21:04)ginoraoulroffa Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 20:41)Dangelus Wrote: 1) Follow the advice given. Uninstall and replace with clean, official Kodi installation.

Hi Dangelus,

Gino

Thanks for making that edit.

SPMC is a quasi official Android optimised build of Kodi (maintained by the former Android dev) and very well respected on this forum so you couldn't go wrong with that. RKMC I haven't heard of actually but I'm no expert in such matters.

Ok then I will search the website for a SPMC download. I will keep this updated about the status of my attempt to re-install the mediaplayer.
SPMC details are in its thread - here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-09-22, 10:50)DarrenHill Wrote: SPMC details are in its thread - here.

Thank you DarrenHill??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MXQ R9 K3229 help needed0