Custom Nodes On Pi (LibreElec)
Just started using LE 07.95.05 on my new RPi3, first time looking at my the RPi setup since my first install.

Meanwhile I have been working on Kodi development using a Windows environment, and thus runnng test versions under Win 7 and now Win 10. I got quite familar with setting up my prefered menu layout of custom nodes by copying the default folder(s) of xml files from the system folder into userdata/library and adding/editing what I wanted. I know there is a node editor now to make this easier, but I still like doing it the manual way.

However I have just discovered that it is not the same on the Pi. There is no system folder with the default layout of xml files to copy, instead I went to my Windows installation and borrowed it from there. A bit messy. If you want custom nodes then you can't just add an xml file for as new node you need the other files that belong under the music or video folder.

So how should a user on a Pi manually manipulate their custom node layout?
Default nodes on the pi with LE are located at /usr/share/kodi/system/library and can be copied to /userdata/library in just the same way as Windows.

If you ssh into your pi and once connected enter cd / and then ls then you will see the root of the filesystem. It's just that the files are in a different structure to the one you are used to.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I personally install the node editor, which will make those xml files. Then I ssh in to the RPI and do the editing with nano.
I have a few Kodi installs, and they all depend on custom nodes, Kids Movies, Documentarys, Concerts.

I did a simple bash script to create directories and .xml files for my personal nodes. If you do frequent re-installs, that could be an idea to try.
Thanks guys, all good ideas and information. Smile

The file explorer window on BitviseSSH was defaulting to /storage and I didn't notice I could go above that. Doh! A script to recreate the custom additions is a great idea if installing frequently (and don't want to wipe out menu changes in the new version, just add to them). Using Node Editor to do the initial copy of default is also neat.

One odd thing is I swear there was a "LibreElec" item under Settings the first time I ran it up. But now I have added custom nodes, adding /storage/.kodi/userdata/library/music and xml files, it has disappeared. Did I dream it?

If I didn't then how do I get it back? Otherwise how can I set the clock from the Kodi UI, or do I need to use SSH for that?
The "LibreElec" settings bit is skin dependant. It appears with confluence (under the bar when settings is in focus), but not with any of my other skins. Clock time should be picked up automatically, but you need to set the regional settings and timezone in Settings -> Appearance -> International for it to display the right time.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Using Confluence and it was there under the bar as you say, but now isn't. Confused
I wonder what I did? It would be nice to get it back.

For the clock, of course it is the regional settings I need to set time zone. They will be under Settings as normal, I'll do that once I have a TV attached again - until a new monitor arrives sometime today I am having to move a small LCD TV between being my desktop computer monitor and being the family TV in the lounge with the Pi.
If not on confluence LibreELEC settings will be under "Programs". Again, very skin specific. Even on Confluence there should be a Programs menu somewhere under affons or something.

Odd that it disappeared though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you were using LibreELEC 7 with stock Confluence then you'll see the LibreELEC button under the System menu. However if you switch to the version of Confluence installed from the repository then there will not be a button, as it's a custom change present only in the LibreELEC version of the Confleunce skin.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Millhouse, enjoying the LibreElec experience (mostly), thanks for the work Smile

I think what you say explains the disappearing LibreElect button. Using LE 7.95.05, so it came up in Estuary. I loaded Confluence (my preference especially for music) from the repo, so no button. But I remembered seeing the button on Confluence because I initally installed 7.0.2, which would have come with Confluence by default and had the custom change.

What is the plan for this button for when not using the stock skin? Can I add it in some way?

Edit:
I found the LE addon and can run it to adjust settings, but it was showing tranparent over the addon screen and that makes it hard to read.
(2016-09-16, 17:54)DaveBlake Wrote: What is the plan for this button for when not using the stock skin? Can I add it in some way?

Edit:
I found the LE addon and can run it to adjust settings, but it was showing tranparent over the addon screen and that makes it hard to read.

There are no plans to add a button to anything but the stock skin, which for LE 7.90.005 is Estuary. All third party skins will be sans button, you'll need to access the LibreELEC Settings addon from the Programs/Add-ons listing. The LE Settings add-on is also designed to integrate with the stock skin (Confluence or Estuary, depending on LE version) which does cause problems with third party skins... it's something that probably needs more work.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-16, 19:04)Milhouse Wrote: The LE Settings add-on is also designed to integrate with the stock skin (Confluence or Estuary, depending on LE version) which does cause problems with third party skins... it's something that probably needs more work.

It will be a bit odd for users that upgrade from Jarvis to Krypton, but decide to keep using Confluence i.e load it from the repo like I did. Then Confluence becomes effectively third-party and the LibreElec button will vanish.

Of course accessing the LibreELEC Settings addon from the Programs/Add-ons listing is fine too, it can be described in the wiki etc. But does need to not appear transparent, it is hard to read.

So yes, put it on the the job list Smile
Is there somewhere I can best note this issue (Git, forum etc.) or is here to you it?
We don't have an issues list for https://github.com/LibreELEC/service.libreelec.settings, so here will have to do. Thanks. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Nodes On Pi (LibreElec)0