Beta Graphical Glitches
I am running Kodi 17.0 Beta 2 (Git 7cfb1de) Debian 8.5.0 with the a Radeon 260X and the radeon driver.

I experience graphical glitches when navigating the menu. The first few times hitting my error keys or enter to select objects I experience simple flickering. After that I experience the screen visibly flickering back to previous screens after each input (after the input the correct screen is displayed for a moment), though when I select items (such as exit) the correct screen is demonstrably usable just not being displayed properly.

I have attached the debugging output Kodi log, the GDB output log, and the dmesg output log from after closing GDB.
you are running a compositing window manager and very old mesa and kernel.
(2016-09-17, 21:29)wsnipex Wrote: you are running a compositing window manager and very old mesa and kernel.

Can you explain the compositing window manager part, and give me an idea of what versions of the video driver I can check against the beta? Is the compositing something I can address similar to the FAQ entry about nVidia screen tearing? I'll try to see what I can do about that on Debian.
re compositing; yes, its the same as in the FAQ. Try solution 1 if you run compiz. Other WMs usually have similar settings.

re kernel and mesa: For your Radeon 260X, I suggest latest mainline kernel (>=4.7.x) and mesa (12.0.1).
Generally, debian (stable) is a bad choice for running kodi on, specially on non nvidia gfx.
(2016-09-23, 09:30)wsnipex Wrote: debian (stable) is a bad choice for running kodi on, specially on non nvidia gfx.

Yeah sometimes that's a consequence of the way Debian developers approach their distro. I'll see if I can trivially upgrade things if simply disabling compositing isn't effective.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Graphical Glitches0