Player core suggestion infolabel
Hi,
thinking of plugins and DVDPlayer being incompatible with streamed FLVs and MPlayer having no ability to seek within divx videos from stage6, I would really appreciate an infolabel for the listitems the plugins set that suggests a specific player core. So the plugin can tell the system what player it should use per item. Would that be possible?
Cheers,
Hagen

Edit: And no, I don't want to put in the videos as plugin directories where the python script executes an xbmc.play() command, because that way, I loose the ability to add a whole directory to the playlist.
just for reference, dvdplayer works for flv again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Smile 
The DVDPlayer doesn't support MMS:// URLs though (yet), that does not affect FLV playback though but that could be a other reason for having a such infolabel that Unbehagen suggest, or?

...also I believe that the DVDPlayer does not handle RTP/RTSP streams as well as MPlayer(?), see here
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:The DVDPlayer doesn't support MMS:// URLs though (yet), that does not affect FLV playback though but that could be a other reason for having a such infolabel that Unbehagen suggest, or?

...also I believe that the DVDPlayer does not handle RTP/RTSP streams as well as MPlayer(?), see here

That's no reason against the player suggestion infolabel. If the player can't play a link, it can fallback to the standard player or just do nothing. It's the scripter's fault then.
Gamester17 Wrote:The DVDPlayer doesn't support MMS:// URLs though (yet), that does not affect FLV playback though but that could be a other reason for having a such infolabel that Unbehagen suggest, or?

Gamester17, the thing is that a plugin doesn't have to set the infolabel. If it's emtpy, XBMC will use the default player. If it's set, XBMC will try to use the suggested player first as pronsharer mentioned. So is there any other risk in this that I don't see yet? The infolabel could also be saved in the database and used for storing the user's favorite player core for every single file (not file type!)
why don't you just set the url back to the plugin with a play_video arg that is the real url and select the player in the plugin.

Other plugins have to do that for redirects and such, like the Yahoo Music Video plugin.

Also I thought elupus fixed the mms:// issue.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:why don't you just set the url back to the plugin with a play_video arg that is the real url and select the player in the plugin.

Other plugins have to do that for redirects and such, like the Yahoo Music Video plugin.

To quote myself:
Unbehagen Wrote:And no, I don't want to put in the videos as plugin directories where the python script executes an xbmc.play() command, because that way, I loose the ability to add a whole directory to the playlist.

This is a major drawback of the suggested method. You can't use these items within playlists. Do you know anything one could do to get around this limitation?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Player core suggestion infolabel0