Req Force TV Episode order
I'd like to request the ability to manually force a TV episode order within Kodi itself, through the context menu option or something.

Currently the options are scrape TVDB for Aired or DVD order (which I can't seems to get the plugin to do reliably? I also don't want to jump through hoops to set each series as aired/DVD), or manually generate the NFO files and edit each one (which is beyond tedious).

There are several TV series where the episode order should be in the production order for continuity reasons (be them large or small), where the aired order is incorrect and the DVD order is just whatever they dumped on discs and shipped. It's definitely more an an issue while binge watching, which is more common nowadays, and especially with Kodi.

Some examples (which I've somehow managed to land a fair chunk of in my collection) are:

-Happy Endings
-Firefly
-Sliders
-Earth 2
-Crusade
-Better off Ted
-Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23
-The Mindy Project
-Listed
-Star Trek - The Original Series
-American Gothic
-Chuck

I know Firefly is correct in the DVD order, and I know others aren't unwatchable, it'd just be nice to have a minor editing feature or something to flag by number or something that's less work than individually generated and edited NFO files.
+1 for this, but most media managers have options to choose episode order. I know, I know, within Kodi. Just saying Wink
Aye, a manual override for order/episode number in the GUI makes a lot of sense. Being able to select the episode number (maybe in the info screen?) and changing the number (but keeping all of the other metadata the same) would be reasonable using a remote control.
(2016-09-20, 21:45)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: ..most media managers have options to choose episode order...

Ah yeah.. I've tried using other media managers (Mediaelch, tinymediamanager, and whatever other ones), but ultimately found them to be more trouble than worth. The media mangers do allow for fine editing of the details, but small edits can easily be overwritten if doing a full re-scrape (accidental or otherwise). Ultimately a lot of the main purpose for them is just redundant as Kodi already manages the info/image scrape, and keeps everything together nicely. I just use a renamer to keep the folder structure organised, then Kodi does an amazing job on the rest.

Really though, it would just be nice internally be able to edit some metadata or flag it, especially on something like OpenElec or other places where you don't have a full windows manager to edit files or need to run the media manager from across the network on a desktop in a different room.
(2016-09-20, 22:24)wubalub Wrote: Really though, it would just be nice internally be able to edit some metadata or flag it, especially on something like OpenElec or other places where you don't have a full windows manager to edit files or need to run the media manager from across the network on a desktop in a different room.

Agreed 110%
Visibility bump.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force TV Episode order1