Tuner has to be manually inserted on startup
Every time I open my Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC installed, I have to manually remove the usb tv tuner that is connected and then reconnect it. If I dont, the tuner is undetected.

Can I somehow solve this ?
I would recommend asking on the OE forums. The problem is most likely because their startup scripts are starting the PVR backend before it has initialized the hardware fully, causing the software to start without knowing about the tuner.
(2016-09-23, 16:12)rpcameron Wrote: I would recommend asking on the OE forums. The problem is most likely because their startup scripts are starting the PVR backend before it has initialized the hardware fully, causing the software to start without knowing about the tuner.

I asked but there was no answer...I changed the settings of the backend to start only after detecting at least one tuner. But it does nothing....
OE is dead, try LibreELEC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Make sure you don't accidentally have two backends enabled (on OpenELEC it's easy to end up in a situation where both vdr and tvheadend is enabled).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tuner has to be manually inserted on startup0