Req Replacing or Hiding Rating Info on Main Menu [Estuary]
Hello! I did a search for this but couldn't find anything related to the new Estuary skin, so apologies if this has been covered already:

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I prefer not to have a movie's aggregate rating prominently displayed, both because I like to judge a movie on its own merits and because it heads off tedious arguments about why we're watching the 7 movie when we could be watching the 8. I like that with the new skin the movie listings just have the Name/Year outside of the Recent Added section (the rating is in the Info section, which is fine!) but it's still there when you mouse over the movie's poster image on the main mean (7.0/1976) and so I thought it might be nice if that rating could be optionally either hidden or replaced with something like genre info or running length (Action/1976). To be clear, an incredibly small niggle on an otherwise amazing tool, and if anyone even has a quickie workaround that's fine as well. Thanks in advance!
I made this suggestion a long time ago and promptly (and very unprofessionally) got slammed by the devs, so don't hold your breath.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=177000

EDIT: Interesting... I stopped following the thread when I got tired of being berated for making a (to me at least) perfectly logical suggestion, but it looks like one retired dev backed me up, at least--- not that it did any good. I still enjoy Kodi and I still find it useless to show ratings (if I didn't want something in my library I wouldn't have it there and I don't care what other people think about the stuff I watch), but I haven't used the default skin in a couple years at least so it hasn't been an issue for me.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
Not a dev, but I was "active" at that time (still active, just not a team member) ;)

For those who don't want to click, my solution to the settings phobia was this:

(2013-11-02, 05:22)Ned Scott Wrote: Another approach to this would be to add such a setting to the scraper add-on, rather than the skin. I think ratings from the scraper site are so useless than I would rather not have that data at all. Ratings that I could define within XBMC would be another story, but for the time being we only have that option with music.

(note that we now have user ratings for the video library as of Kodi v16)
Oh, but I should point out that this is now moot as of Kodi v17. IIRC, the new default skin can show user ratings by default, which is enough to satisfy me. Though I would still love to see the "label 2" column be configurable, I can understand that not being something for the default skin to mess with.

EDIT: ah, OP is using Estuary. I thought there was a setting for this, but I guess not? EDIT 2: no setting :(
Hey, it's the like-minded retired team member! Your Next Gen post from 2013 in the old thread made me think of the lower (than TNG) on average ratings for DS9 episodes, which was the final straw for me to switch to a skin that I could disable ratings on--- since DS9 was my favorite Trek show LOL

Life is hard with all these 1st-world crises :-P
Thanks for the replies, as I said in my original post this is an incredibly small detail, just figured I'd throw it out there on the off-chance it was either an easy fix or there was already a solution I was missing. Based on that linked thread it seems it's more hassle than it's worth, but if anyone comes up with a quickie work-around I'd love to hear it, because I really do like the new skin a great deal.
For years I used the Transparency! skin and I still think it's excellent. I like Estuary as well, but it's a bit too limited for all the stuff I wanted to do so I've been playing with the Estuary MOD skin and so far I'm loving it. The guy who is working on it is very responsive to suggestions and quick with fixes and updates while still retaining the Estuary look and feel. Worth a look!

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=267343

http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115
Can you add the ability to show imdb ratings and number of votes next to the movie length rectangle of the wall or info wall viewtypes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replacing or Hiding Rating Info on Main Menu [Estuary]0