serverwmc service stops when epg123client starts ReindexSearchRoot
I am running the latest serverwmc (Assembly version: 1.0.0.61, build: 1236) on a WIndows 7 system.
I run serverwmc as a service.

Lately, I converted to epg123 to load the guide data in the WMC database because of all the problems with the Rovi guide data.
This works great but when the epg123Client program starts the ReindexSearchRoot task, it stops the serverwmc service and
I have to restart it manually.
This is consistent, it runs every day at 6 am from the Task Scheduler as set up in epg123.

The serverwmc service log does not show any information about the crash. It just stops

The Windows Event Log Viewer shows:
The ServerWMC PVR Backend Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 time(s).

The epg123 trace.log does not show any problem:
9/29/2016 6:03:33 AM] [ INFO] SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ReindexSearchRoot".
[9/29/2016 6:03:33 AM] [ INFO] Successfully started the ReindexSearchRoot task. Exit code: 0
[9/29/2016 6:03:33 AM] [STATS] epg123Client mxf load and database reindex execution time was 00:03:32.3965141.
[9/29/2016 6:03:33 AM] ====================== Completed epg123 client execution. =====================

Serverwmc and epg123 are really useful apps to allow WMC to survive...
Thanks to the developers responsible for both utilities.
This is interesting. I am also using serverwmc along with epg123 and haven't observed this behavior. I also have emby running with serverwmc, so this may be masking the problem on my machine.

I'll take a look this weekend to see if I can recreate. Are you running serverwmc as a service?
I haven't seen this either and I find it strange that there is nothing in the serverwmc log about why it was getting shut down. Does this problem happen if you don't run serverwmc as a service? Did you have this problem before you updated to 1236?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Ok I have a bit more info this time as it happened again last night.

To answer your questions, yes, I run serverwmc as a service.
I have not tried yet to find out if this happens when run in regular mode.
I have not noticed that happen before serverwmc 1236 because I just started using epg123 last week.

Here is the part of logs that I got last night:

from the epg123 trace.log:
[10/2/2016 3:00:00 AM] ====================== Beginning epg123 client execution. =====================
[10/2/2016 3:00:00 AM] [ INFO] Import=True , Match=True , NoLogo=False
[10/2/2016 3:00:00 AM] [ INFO] import filename = \\denmonta-pc\epg123\epg123.mxf
[10/2/2016 3:02:49 AM] [ INFO] Successfully imported .mxf file into Media Center. Exit code: 0
[10/2/2016 3:02:51 AM] [ INFO] Completed the automatch of lineup stations to tuner channels.
[10/2/2016 3:02:51 AM] [ INFO] SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ReindexSearchRoot".
[10/2/2016 3:02:51 AM] [ INFO] Successfully started the ReindexSearchRoot task. Exit code: 0
[10/2/2016 3:02:51 AM] [STATS] epg123Client mxf load and database reindex execution time was 00:02:51.3628827.
[10/2/2016 3:02:51 AM] ====================== Completed epg123 client execution. =====================

and at 3:03 from the serverwmc_service log file:
2016/10/02 03:03:13.234 ProcessClientRequest> error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
at MediaCenter.Store.SqlLite.Rowset.RestartPosition(UInt32 r)
at MediaCenter.Store.OleDB.StoredObjectsEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Pvr.Requests.<get_All>d__0.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Pvr.Requests.<get_AllActive>d__1b.MoveNext()
at ServerWMC.Worker.Epg.GetSeriesRequests()
at ServerWMC.Worker.RecService.GetSeriesTimers(FrontEndClient client)
at ServerWMC.Worker.Worker.ProcessClientRequest(String request)

There were several of those SEHException (0x80004005) errors happening in the following minutes and the serverwmc
process seemed to have stopped running at 3:07 am with no specific message at that time.

Strange.
Can you post the entire serverwmc_service log that contains the above exception? Post it on pastebin or the like.
Also,

Kodi (or emby or plex) is running on a client somewhere when this occurs, right?
Yes, kodi clients are running when this happens,
but they are not necessarily active at the time as this is in the middle of the night...

Here is the log I posted in pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/sQ41fuFD
Thanks. Assuming that is the entire log, I don't understand why it doesn't show serverwmc closing. Hopefully the problem is related to the exception that keeps getting repeatedly thrown. That seems to be that the database that serverwmc queries from the wmc service for timers and such is throwing an error after that mysterious epg123 process runs. I guess after that process runs the database needs to be reopened. I will try to trap for that and re-open the database after it occurs, maybe that will do it. I'll let you know when I have something to test.

Are you going to test if this happens if you don't run swmc as a service?
The log in pastebin is the entire log that was created.
The following log I have is when I restarted the service as would be expected

Just for your information, the process that epg123 seems to have a conflict with serverwmc started at 3 am.

Here is the trace log:
[10/2/2016 3:00:00 AM] ====================== Beginning epg123 client execution. =====================
[10/2/2016 3:00:00 AM] [ INFO] Import=True , Match=True , NoLogo=False
[10/2/2016 3:00:00 AM] [ INFO] import filename = \\denmonta-pc\epg123\epg123.mxf
[10/2/2016 3:02:49 AM] [ INFO] Successfully imported .mxf file into Media Center. Exit code: 0
[10/2/2016 3:02:51 AM] [ INFO] Completed the automatch of lineup stations to tuner channels.
[10/2/2016 3:02:51 AM] [ INFO] SUCCESS: Attempted to run the scheduled task "Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\ReindexSearchRoot".
[10/2/2016 3:02:51 AM] [ INFO] Successfully started the ReindexSearchRoot task. Exit code: 0
[10/2/2016 3:02:51 AM] [STATS] epg123Client mxf load and database reindex execution time was 00:02:51.3628827.
[10/2/2016 3:02:51 AM] ====================== Completed epg123 client execution. =====================

As you see from the timing, the serverwmc process starts showing errors after the epg123 says it was completed, but I think it kicks off a
process that runs in the background at that time (although I am not sure of that).

As for your question, I stopped running the serverwmc process as a service for now.
I will check tomorrow to see if that problem occurs even when it is not running as a service.
Out of interest, when running as a service is it running under specific user credentials or LocalSystem?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
It appears that when not running as a service, I don't get a problem where serverwmc stops.
It ran last night and I have not seen any exception in the log and it is still running now.

To answer scarecrow420, when running as a service it runs via the LocalSystem.

I really would like to run serverwmc as a service though as I don't want to have to stay logged on to
that system all the time.
I put up a preview update 1239. Try this version out in service mode. If swmc still stops, post the log again.
Ok, I ran the 1239 as a service and had none of those SEHException (0x80004005) errors in the log.
The server did not stop either.

It looks like the problem is fixed, but I will continue to monitor the situation and will report any change.

Thanks Krusty
That's not quite what I expected, I would think the exception would still show up at least once. So yeah, let us know how it goes.
Serverwmc is still running fine with 1239 in service mode.
Checked last night's logs and there is no sign of those SEHException (0x80004005) errors.
I will let you know if the situation changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
serverwmc service stops when epg123client starts ReindexSearchRoot1