NFS, Mergerfs & Kodi issue
In the past I have read about other people having this issue but have never experienced it myself until I setup a new server.
This happens with mhddfs or mergerfs and both are fuse based so I suspect this might have something to do with it.
I can add the shared directory over NFS but only the the first directory and all files show as zero bytes.
subdirectories are not able to be entered into.

username, GID & UID (1000) are the same on both server and client.

OpenElec does not seem to suffer from this setup but standard linux & android based kodi builds do.

I changed all permissions on the folders to drwxrwxrwx

I seem to remember a setting in the exports that needed to be set but it no longer works, noreaddirplus

If I mount the NFS share on the client with fstab or manually there is no problem.

Debug here http://pastebin.com/MAG6PnLe

/etc/exports

Code:
/media/POOL    192.168.20.0/24(fsid=123,rw,no_subtree_check,insecure,all_squash)
N0t very helpful I know, but I share mhddfs pools via samba with no problems.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Bump

No one else having this issue?
Did you add the fsid directive for each share in the exports file? I too have a mergerfs pool shared over NFS. Like so
Code:
/media/virtual/            192.168.0.0/24(fsid=0,rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)
/media/virtual/trailers/     192.168.0.0/24(fsid=1,rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)
/media/virtual/archived_series/    192.168.0.0/24(fsid=2,rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)
/media/virtual/extras/         192.168.0.0/24(fsid=3,rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)
/media/virtual/films/        192.168.0.0/24(fsid=4,rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)
Hope this helps.
(2016-10-15, 19:08)nanouk76 Wrote: Did you add the fsid directive for each share in the exports file? I too have a mergerfs pool shared over NFS. Like so
Code:
/media/virtual/            192.168.0.0/24(fsid=0,rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)
/media/virtual/trailers/     192.168.0.0/24(fsid=1,rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)
/media/virtual/archived_series/    192.168.0.0/24(fsid=2,rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)
/media/virtual/extras/         192.168.0.0/24(fsid=3,rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)
/media/virtual/films/        192.168.0.0/24(fsid=4,rw,all_squash,anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,sync,insecure,no_subtree_check)
Hope this helps.

Thats a curious setup.
Why have you individually shared 4 other directories that are under an already shared directory?
Your first line "/media/virtual/" should take care of everything under it.

Anyway, thanks for responding but as you can see from my previous post the fsid has already been set.
A fresh install of Ubuntu 16.04.1 server has brought on this issue for me.
(2016-10-16, 07:34)FishOil Wrote: Thats a curious setup.
Why have you individually shared 4 other directories that are under an already shared directory?

Anyway, thanks for responding but as you can see from my previous post the fsid has already been set.

Ah sorry for jumping the gun and not reading... mine is not a server setup, per se, just a desktop with the useful packages.
(2016-10-16, 07:34)FishOil Wrote: Thats a curious setup.

Ah sorry for jumping the gun and not reading...

As for the peculiarity you mentioned, when I edit out the other fsid directives, I get error messages
Code:
xbmc@nas-extras:~$ sudo exportfs -ra
exportfs: /media/virtual/films requires fsid= for NFS export
exportfs: /media/virtual/extras requires fsid= for NFS export
exportfs: /media/virtual/archived_series requires fsid= for NFS export
exportfs: /media/virtual/trailers requires fsid= for NFS export
xbmc@nas-extras:~$
That's why I kept them... Not savvy enough here to know why.
Anyone know what the difference is in OpenElec and Linux Kodi for the builtin NFS client?

OpenElec builtin NFS client works with my current NFS server setup but android and standard linux kodi builds do not.
That might be something you need to look at OpenELEC's github for.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So I installed a nightly Kodi for the firestick and all went as expected. Android Problem solved (Shield TV still has the play store kodi and wont work).
I loaded a new OS on the client desktop machine and installed a nightly Kodi and all went as expected. Linux problem solved.
Existing OpenElec never had a problem.

It would seem that the server & NFS were set correctly all along but would not function with existing installed versions of Kodi.
Now the big question is. Why did any of this happen?
Another tip.
You may want to turn off fasthash via advanced settings.

I know with my AUFS setup, that if a new episode is put into a folder that is present on both merged HDDs, that often the folder modified time isn't updated.
Therefore, it gets skipped when KODI is using fasthash and doesn't find the new episode Sad

Movies are usually fine as the folder and file are created once and will be present on only one drive.
(2016-10-28, 05:42)matthuisman Wrote: Another tip.
You may want to turn off fasthash via advanced settings.

I know with my AUFS setup, that if a new episode is put into a folder that is present on both merged HDDs, that often the folder modified time isn't updated.
Therefore, it gets skipped when KODI is using fasthash and doesn't find the new episode Sad

Movies are usually fine as the folder and file are created once and will be present on only one drive.

Thanks for the tip but this is almost certainly unrelated.

Just using the file manager the problem exists.
Add source to file manager.
Select NFS
Kodi see's the shared ip
Shared ip selected.
Shared directory selected.
All files and folders displayed but files have zero bytes and sub directories are not able to be entered into.
(2016-10-29, 09:14)FishOil Wrote: Just using the file manager the problem exists.
Select NFS
Kodi see's the shared ip
Shared ip selected.
All files and folders displayed but files have zero bytes and sub directories are not able to be entered into.

I am having the same problem. Everything is exactly like your setup. I prefer not to being running a beta.
(2016-11-13, 03:01)Xsabre Wrote:
(2016-10-29, 09:14)FishOil Wrote: Just using the file manager the problem exists.
Select NFS
Kodi see's the shared ip
Shared ip selected.

I am having the same problem. Everything is exactly like your setup. I prefer not to being running a beta.

I have no explanation to the cause of the problem. It was / is a standard server setup. Its almost certainly a client end problem.
What I can tell you is that a fresh install of nightly kodi solved the issue with the exception of the Openelec machine that was never affected.

Affected clients were.
Ubuntu Linux
Android Fire Stick
Android Shield TV
Apple Ipad
Android Tablet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS, Mergerfs & Kodi issue0