nfo file and genre
I have a custom movie genre (kids) for my sons videos. is it possible to Categorize these videos by this genre but still scrape them with my normal movie scraper? until now I have made an NFO file for each video, placed them in a separate folder, but then I also need to download posters manually and so on. (offline scraping i think its called.

Hope its possible.

Thanks for the help!!
You could perhaps look at video nodes (wiki) and set up a specific node filtering by genre to display only those movies.

There's also other filter categories available like MPAA rating that you could also use as an additional check for anything unsuitable being included by accident.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for your reply.

The best solution would be if i could filter the movies by specific folder- eg. from:

/storage/pool/Kids

to be displayed in a menu from the home screen. Right now im doing this, but they are filtered by genre (my own, homemade genre). And this method requires that i create an nfo file, download the movie poster, rename folder and filename to the exact same.. ect ect. Its just too time consuming...
You can do that with a node. Filter by path.

Then with some add-on skins (unfortunately not the default Estuary or Confluence ones) you can add the nodes to the menu either directly or as a favourite.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks. Im using Bello as skin. Will check out the node feature :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nfo file and genre0