Need some help with a few commands
Let me start by saying I'm not the most technically savvy person out there. With that being said I have searched the net until my eyes bled trying to get some answers. No one seems to be willing to answer. Long story short, I am using iRule to control Kodi using JSON commands. iRule comes with a handset that has many commands built in and they work fine. However, there are a few commands that are missing that I would love to add. I'm not smart enough to figure out all the syntax and stuff that makes the command work so I hope that someone here will take pity on me and provide me with the correct commands to plug into my iRule to get the buttons I am missing. The main command that I need is:

Guide: I use Kodi to watch live TV and a button to pull up the on screen guide would be great.

Could someone share with me the JSON command that I would paste into iRule to get the live TV guide to pop up. Thanks in advance!
I dont know what iRule is and i don't know what "Guide" maps to but if you can find the function you want in Input.Action type, you can use Input.ExecuteAction method to execute any one of those

there is a web app mentioned somewhere in this thread recently, you can use to generate and test the json api with kodi.
it don't do everything but does a lot.

here's an example:
http://ipaddress:port/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Input.ExecuteAction","params":{"action":"contextmenu"},"id":1}

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need some help with a few commands0