problem installing AZFA
hi guys, i'm trying to install AZFA on jarvis through the emby beta repo but it's coming up as incompatible? i have script duration installed and was actually running an older version of AZ:FA but uninstalled it. Any ideas why its not working now? thanks ... just found out it's telling me depenencies on super fav's 1.0.48 have not been met? the latest version i can find is 1.0.43....
You may need to manually install the dependencies yourself.
Alas, Guardian Hope doesn't list these dependencies fully only obliquely.

So,download the zip for AF:FA and unpack it, and using a text editor open the addon.xml file.
Or simply lookat the github entry for his addon.xml here

Code:
<import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.10.0"/>
        <import addon="script.skinshortcuts" version="1.0.8"/>
        <import addon="service.library.data.provider" version="0.1.5"/>
        <import addon="script.grab.fanart" version="0.14.1"/>
        <import addon="script.extendedinfo" version="4.5.2"/>
        <import addon="service.nextup.notification" version="1.0.15"/>
        <import addon="script.skin.helper.service" version="1.0.60"/>
        <import addon="script.toolbox" version="1.1.1"/>
        <import addon="script.artwork.downloader" version="13.1.0"/>
        <import addon="script.playalbum" version="2.0.2"/>
        <import addon="script.artistslideshow-helper" version="0.4.2"/>
        <import addon="script.artistslideshow" version="1.8.7"/>
        <import addon="script.tv.show.next.aired" version="6.0.15"/>
        <import addon="resource.images.studios.coloured" version="0.0.7"/>
        <import addon="resource.images.studios.white" version="0.0.6"/>
        <import addon="resource.images.moviegenreicons.coloured" version="0.0.6"/>
        <import addon="resource.images.musicgenreicons.text" version="0.0.7"/>
        <import addon="resource.images.recordlabels.white" version="0.0.6"/>
<import addon="resource.uisounds.fromashes" version="3.0.01"/>
Also, if the dependency required is Superfavorites version 1.0.48. it's a typo. Edit the xml to 10.0.43 and rezip and install as normal.
I'll give it a go, thanks for the help.
(2016-10-10, 10:15)iad77 Wrote: hi guys, i'm trying to install AZFA on jarvis through the emby beta repo but it's coming up as incompatible? i have script duration installed and was actually running an older version of AZ:FA but uninstalled it. Any ideas why its not working now? thanks ... just found out it's telling me depenencies on super fav's 1.0.48 have not been met? the latest version i can find is 1.0.43....

This is the first time such a dependency requirement has ever been mentioned and AZ:FA has been out for quite a while now (even longer if you count AZ:E).

There are no typos or no mention of this addon because it's simply not been known to be required for AZ:FA; it most certainly wasn't added nor was it required for AZ:E for which the AZ:FA you are trying to use essentially is.

I would advise that anyone who is encountering this issue report back; if one final release of AZ:FA on Jarvis needs to be done before it reaches End of Life I will need to know before AZ:FA (Danvers Preview) Beta 2 releases.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Super favourites isn't even in the xml file of dependencies...
Ok I deleted extended script mod and super favs and it seems to have worked now... No idea why but the end result is good! Thanks for the help.
Last thing, when any video plays I get a jumping grey bar at the bottom of the screen for about 5 seconds. Any idea why?
(2016-10-10, 13:29)Iadalazzhr Wrote: Last thing, when any video plays I get a jumping grey bar at the bottom of the screen for about 5 seconds. Any idea why?

I had the same problem and to do a "clean" installation of a new AZFA version for Jarvis, what I did was to "remove" the settings.xml from userdata\addon_data\skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes and voilà!
(2016-10-10, 13:22)Iadalazzhr Wrote: Ok I deleted extended script mod and super favs and it seems to have worked now... No idea why but the end result is good! Thanks for the help.

Super Favorites is a mod I have never heard of and would have no idea why you are getting asked for it. Extended Info is however required by the skin so that is odd you were forced to delete it to get it to work.

You said you got this skin from the Emby Beta repo? I only ask because this is the first time someone reported such an issue.

As far as I am aware, there is only one dependency in the Jarvis version of AZ:FA which is not listed out: the Autocompletion Keyboard and the Duration Script.
Perhaps super favorites is a dependency of another dependency
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The skin is calling for Super favorites to be loaded. I am sure I recall seeing this some time ago. I would think it is in the Startup.xml, or the Home.xml. It needs to be commented out, then no reference will be made to call for it to load.
(2016-10-11, 03:16)minus0 Wrote: The skin is calling for Super favorites to be loaded. I am sure I recall seeing this some time ago. I would think it is in the Startup.xml, or the Home.xml. It needs to be commented out, then no reference will be made to call for it to load.

I will search the Dormer branch for any references to Super Favorites and remove them as one final release to Jarvis. These were removed from Danvers, right? I don't recall ever seeing a piece of Super Favorites in code reviews. I'll triple check Danvers to make sure but this is the first time I heard of the problem on the Jarvis version and no one has reported it on Krypton.
Not sure if all pieces of code for Super favorites were removed. I can double check also.
(2016-10-11, 20:14)minus0 Wrote: Not sure if all pieces of code for Super favorites were removed. I can double check also.

I split off another branch on Git - 3.3.30-dev to review for Super Favorites. Unfortunately, with all the problems going on right now (I have construction workers coming in every day rewiring and all that as I told you privately) that's been about all I've done so far.

It also doesn't help that UPS broke my main computer either leaving me with a Mac.

I'm going to spin up a VM on an older server that can take a 120V feed to package the latest releases but two eyes are better then one Smile.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem installing AZFA0