Airplay on Android-Devices
I have Kodi 17 installed on 3x Nvidia Shield TV Box, 3x Android-Smartphone and 1x S905X-Box. But none of them is recognized as Airplay receiver under iTunes, iOS or even Airfoil. It does not make a difference wether I activate or deactivate video support for Airplay. I have also 1x Wetek Play and 1x PC both runnning latest LibreElec (Kodi 17) as well as 1x Windows PC running latest Kodi 17 and those machines all get recognized just fine as Airplay reiver. So it seems only Kodi for Android has the problem. Is that a known problem? Is there any solution or workaround available?
Hmm. No reply.

Can anybody please verify if Airplay is still running on Kodi 17 under Android? I have three Shield TV boxes and it is not working anymore whereas on LibreElec-Systems (= Linux + Kodi 17) it is working just fine.
+1 upgraded to 17.0 last night; appear no longer appearing on my transmitting devices.
Airplay has never been very reliable on anything but Apple Certified Airplay receivers.

Kodi uses a reverse engineered solution that regularly breaks whenever Apple does an iOS update.
Airplay in Kodi will either work or it will not.

No one is going to bother trouble shooting this hacky solution.

Having said that I use this AirScreen - AirPlay & iTunes Android App on the Xiaomi Mi Box and it works for Audio, Video and Photos:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...reen&hl=en

Kodi isn't found anymore by AirPlay clients due to missing ZeroConf. Koying already has a working solution in SPMC. Koying in my opinion is essential to the Kodi team, given the Android popularity. It just doesn't work out well this way in my opinion. Current situation is not beneficial to anybody.
Just tested the recent SPMC 16.5.81 with the updated Zeroconf and a Mi Box / iOS 9.x Phone.

Airplay - Kodi - announces itself but still does not work...I tried music...
That App I linked above is far more reliable, it does screen Mirroring as well.

Quote: Airplay - Kodi - announces itself but still does not work...I tried music...
With Pictures and Video disabled?
Yes... Also just tested LibreELEC Kodi Krypton - same setup - Airplay does not work there either Sad

I have a 3rd party program called Airserver on my iMac - to receive Audio and that can receive Airplay Music from my iPhone.

Kodi's Airplay implementation is pretty broken.

AirPlay works for me using SPMC 16.5-80 (16.6.0 beta 1).

Using an iPhone 7 with latest iOS 10.2.1.
+1 for this issue as well. After upgrading Amazon fire TV to kodi 17.0 krypton, AirPlay no longer announces itself. Would appreciate to be kept in the loop if a fix or workaround is discovered. Will try third party app.
Does the lack of ZeroConf also mean that UPnP/DLNA servers are not found anymore?
Music 
(2017-02-08, 03:39)wrxtasy Wrote: Airplay has never been very reliable on anything but Apple Certified Airplay receivers.

Kodi uses a reverse engineered solution that regularly breaks whenever Apple does an iOS update.
Airplay in Kodi will either work or it will not.

No one is going to bother trouble shooting this hacky solution.

Having said that I use this AirScreen - AirPlay & iTunes Android App on the Xiaomi Mi Box and it works for Audio, Video and Photos:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...reen&hl=en

I agree that AirScreen is a great app, but subscription based.

Checked almost all possible alternatives and found AirReceiver what is cheap and working well on Android TV (Mi Box). It's running as service and when I play thru itunes it starts playing in the background and whenever something using audio (kodi, etc) it stops and continues after audio device available again. Feels not as elegant as AirScreen but costs just a fraction and stable.
I've not paid any money at all for Airscreen and it all works, unless something has changed recently. I do know you must pay to record video.

(2017-02-22, 04:08)wrxtasy Wrote: I've not paid any money at all for Airscreen and it all works, unless something has changed recently. I do know you must pay to record video.

AirScreen has a "10 per day" play limitation from itunes including audio and video. After that it stops playing and displays "limitation reached"

I had been using AirPlay capability of Kodi on daily basis until it broke in Krypton. Sad story, because airplay is the only way to play music from itunes library on my home stereo setup and it was easy way before.
+1 looking for an Airplay fix for krypton on android. Running 17.0 on amazon fire tv box. Used Airplay daily. Airplay does not announce itself on krypton.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay on Android-Devices0