Skip forward past the end of an active recording
If I open an active TV recording (still ongoing), the end of the recording does not get updated while I watch it.

More important, when I skip forward past of the end of the recording, it will stop the playback.

I think the correct behavior should be keep playing (basically can't skip forward any more). And I think the older version behave this way.

Is there any way to make Kodi do that?

Thanks
Not really. The problem is that watching a recording-in-progress is treated the same as watching a Movie in Kodi, not Live TV. Therefore, just as when watching a Movie, if you seek past the end of the file, the playback stops. Similarly, because it is treated as a Movie, not a continuous stream, the end of the file is only updated/accessed when you first start playback since the file is not expected to change during playback. (The exception to this is once you have played beyond where the end of the file was when you first started playback ... at this point the file length/duration is updated as it continues to play.)

Live TV, different from watching a recording-in-progress, expects a constant stream of data, and therefore only goes to the end of playback and waits for additional data if you seek past the end of the current time.

This is a known problem with watching recordings-in-progress, however I don't believe that there are any intentions to change the way it is handled. You can consider it a quirk or a bug, but the only thing you can do is make yourself aware of the situation.

(I suppose a modification of the Unpause Jumpback addon could be made to handle seeking beyond the end of a recording-in-progress to merely set the playback at the end of the file rather than stop playback, but that would only be a hack and a band-aid, not a true solution. A true solution would be for Kodi to recognize that recordings-in-progress are actually a subset of Live TV, not Movies ...)
The Windows Media Center definitely does that. I also think Kodi from last year did it.
the behavoir is defined by the addon. addons that have not implemented their own demuxer can't influence this behavior. internal demuxer handles this as normal file.
I worked around this by adding an extra submenu item pointing to the folder recordings go into (via video nodes > Files).
If you're using the default skin I guess you could probably do the same using favourites.
Edit: that solves the updating but not the skipping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip forward past the end of an active recording0