Installation Issue KODI 16.1 w Nougat 7.1
Unable to install Kodi 16.1 from Playstore on New Google Pixel XL running Nougat 7.1.

Only partially installs UI, immediately crashes upon first time opening app, then will open but UI only partially loads. Keys and other items missing. Unable to use.

Was running and using no issues on other phones running variants of Marshmallow.

Anyone else experience this issue?
Update:

I believe it (just my theory) must be with Kodi vs. Nougat 7.1. I have tried to install 16.1, 16.0, various nightlies . . . all the same.

It will state app closed as soon as you open it, and ask if you want to re-open. As soon as you do.... the UI is missing major portions so it is not usable.
Anyone provide any assistance here?

Are there known issues with the stable version not properly installing on Nougat 7.1? Any fixes? versions that might work better?

Please advise.
Runs just fine on my Nexus Player with Android 7.
Other than that no clue and you'll just have to wait until some one gives us Pixel XL.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I getting the same issue with 7.1

Tried Kodi 16.1 and 17 but both are not installing all the required files.

I can open 16.1 but having trouble installing addons. 17 just will not open at all.
Anyone resolve this? I am having same issues on new Moto z phone. Nougat. Tried 15,16,17, numerous times,Google play and apk's direct. deleted all folders/fresh install/clear cache. Still black screen or missing parts of UI. I have installed it many times on tons of other devices without problems. Can't figure this one out. I will try and factory reset as last option and then post results and logs.
Can you test this one?
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yessss!! So far.. installed quick at work, seems to be fine, I haven't used 17 yet, looking forward to it! Thanks so much. Whats the difference with the link you gave me? I will play a
round with it later and keep you posted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installation Issue KODI 16.1 w Nougat 7.10