Kodi on ATV 4 stopped working
Hi guys, I have Kodi 17 installed on my ATV 4 using ipaStore. It has been working perfectly for almost a month now and then suddenly last night, it refused to open.

I click it, it makes the noise like it is opening an app but nothing at all happens visually. I know Apple have recently released a new tvos. Could that be causing the issue? I have automatic updates turned off and am still on tvos 10.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Trevor
Some certificates get revoked by Apple.
Its not that we keep telling that this will happen with those services...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-10-31, 08:02)Memphiz Wrote: Its not that we keep telling that this will happen with those services...

ipast0re have fixed it now, but yes, I see your point. Starting to think the dream of having kodi on my ATV 4 is unfortunately not very feasible long term
(2016-11-01, 13:15)ZombieTrev Wrote:
(2016-10-31, 08:02)Memphiz Wrote: Its not that we keep telling that this will happen with those services...

ipast0re have fixed it now, but yes, I see your point. Starting to think the dream of having kodi on my ATV 4 is unfortunately not very feasible long term

As much as I really appreciate what Memphiz and co are doing to keep Kodi on ATV4 relevant and alive, atv4 is not a realistic platform for running kodi considering apple's closed proprietary system and more so since the reduction of 90days to 7days side-loading capability. Why we continue to patronize a company like apple that does everything within its' power to squeeze out whatever little control we have over their devices beats me. I'm personally on my last line of giving them my hard earned cash and gradually moving on to Android.
(2016-11-01, 16:32)underwriter Wrote:
(2016-11-01, 13:15)ZombieTrev Wrote:

As much as I really appreciate what Memphiz and co are doing to keep Kodi on ATV4 relevant and alive, atv4 is not a realistic platform for running kodi considering apple's closed proprietary system and more so since the reduction of 90days to 7days side-loading capability. Why we continue to patronize a company like apple that does everything within its' power to squeeze out whatever little control we have over their devices beats me. I'm personally on my last line of giving them my hard earned cash and gradually moving on to Android.

For Kodi, Android does seem to be the way forward. A shame because I love the ATV 4 remote and operating system. ipast0re and the like would be good if they worked long term as you only have to update that once a year but if it keeps stopping working then I will soon give up on them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on ATV 4 stopped working0