Kodi 17 beta 4 Can't find movies
When I scan my drives Kodi finds 98% of my movies but some are ignored. For example it finds "The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 1.mkv" but not "The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 2.mkv", "Mad Max 3 Thunderdome.mkv" but not "Mad Max 2 The Road Worrior.mkv" etc can I do this manually?
Probably a naming issue. For example "Mad Max 3 Thunderdome.mkv" should be "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985).mkv"

Check your file names at themoviedb.org
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
And for the first one, if you have combine split video items (in settings > media settings > video) set to enabled it will mistake those file names as being two parts of one movie and display them combined.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The moviedb didn't help much as the title in all the movies is correct, as for the combine split video items it is not selected. Sad
Then we need a debug log (wiki).

Turn on logging, reboot, do a scan then upload the log to PasteBin or somewhere similar and post the link that they will supply here.

Details of how to do it are in the link.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-10-31, 23:26)Sakperi Wrote: The moviedb didn't help much as the title in all the movies is correct, as for the combine split video items it is not selected. Sad

Not to be picky about this but you said in your first post that a file name was "Mad Max 3 Thunderdome.mkv".

That is not correct for that movie. Per themoviedb.org it should be "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985).mkv"
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
The "The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 2.mkv" should be "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2.mkv" and could be written as "The Hunger Games- Mockingjay - Part 2.mkv"; works for me!
@whysoserious You are not being picky at all and thank you and the other guys for your time. After reading your message I renamed my mkv file from "Mad Max 2 The Road Worrior.mkv" to "Mad Max The Road Worrior.mkv" (the Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was ok) and run the library update but again with no result.
@PatK windows files can't contain : in their name.

@DarrenHill I have creat a debug log as you asked, I hope it helps
http://paste.ubuntu.com/23413130/
I can't see any attempt at scanning those films in the log. The only scan failures are

Code:
22:11:27 T:10072 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::Process directory 'K:\Movies\' does not exist - skipping scan.
22:11:27 T:10072 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::Process directory 'K:\TV Series\' does not exist - skipping scan.
22:11:27 T:10072 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::Process directory 'K:\TV Series\Battlestar Galactica\' does not exist - skipping scan.
22:11:27 T:10072 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner::Process directory 'K:\TV Series\Chuck\' does not exist - skipping scan.

If your K drive folders being missing isn't related, can you gather a fresh log trying to scan in the movies you're having trouble with?

Also more widely how are your sources set up? I see F and H drives also in the log, but no changes were detected on either hence they were skipped.

Kodi Blog Posts
The K drive is turned off but it has nothing to do with my problem. The files I have problem with are located at drives F & H. What kind of change should be detected?
Enable logging and reboot again, then in the videos > file view go to the folder containing the problem movie in your source tree, right click on the folder to get the context menu and select scan for new content. Once that is done for a few examples so logging and upload that log.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-11-01, 22:15)Sakperi Wrote: After reading your message I renamed my mkv file from "Mad Max 2 The Road Worrior.mkv" to "Mad Max The Road Worrior.mkv" (the Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was ok) and run the library update but again with no result.
Check the names you are using carefully. "Worrior" should be "Warrier"
(2016-11-02, 00:06)bilgepump Wrote: "Worrior" should be "Warrier"

Actually, it should be "Warrior". Both imdb and themoviedb show this as Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981). Obviously, leave out the ":".
(2016-11-02, 00:13)kennywayne07 Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 00:06)bilgepump Wrote: "Worrior" should be "Warrier"

Actually, it should be "Warrior".
Of course it should.... Laugh well spotted (6AM, BC (before coffee) is not a good time to be typing). For long or convoluted titles, I'll usually copy the title from tmdb (edit, then take out any colons/replace with a dash) rather than copy type it and let errors in, which is easily done.
(2016-11-01, 18:13)PatK Wrote: The "The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part 2.mkv" should be "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2.mkv" and could be written as "The Hunger Games- Mockingjay - Part 2.mkv"; works for me!

Note: the part in red replaces the ':' colon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 beta 4 Can't find movies0