Android Amazon Fire TV 2 - real 4K Movies in Kodi ?
Hello everybody,

I just bought the Amazon Fire TV 2 and have also installed directly Kodi. Now I'm not sure if I really have a 4K resolution? The Amazon GUI and also the Kodi Gui runs at 1080p. When I start a Movie with a resolution of 2160p, the Movie is displayed, but my TV still shows 1080p with 60 frames. If the display is not updated, or the resolution is not really output in 2160p? Apparently there is lock at Amazon Fire TV 2 for other 4K apps.

Can I view the current resolution in Kodi ?

Thank you for more information.

thx

CyberDannen

(sorry for my english Smile )
From the START HERE sticky Hardware thread....

Q. But I need 4K / 1080p Amazon Prime video streaming, what Kodi hardware options do I have ?
  • MrMC update adds 4K support, Refresh Rate Switching, 24p/25p/30p support, Plex Client - see HERE for details.

W.

I don't wanna spoil the fun but v17 beta 5 also has 4k on the aft2 Wink
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The Joy's of Open Source Software Wink

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10743

I wondered when some one would finally found out but seems it didn't happen yet
(2016-11-07, 18:29)Martijn Wrote: I don't wanna spoil the fun but v17 beta 5 also has 4k on the aft2 Wink

OK I willl install last build now Smile let me see
Hey cool, I have Installed "kodi-20161107-826e5e4-master-armeabi-v7a" un my aft2 and the Kodi GUI look like 4k

But when I start a 4K Movie, Kodi close Sad
Correction, with the normal Beta 5, the Movie runs in 4K Smile

Big Big Thx Smile
I'd personally don't care about beta5 as i want to know why kodi-20161107-826e5e4-master-armeabi-v7a crashed?
I Have Install kodi-20161107-826e5e4-master-armeabi-v7a over my kodi 16.1. The Addon migration crashed and I Restart Kodi. Then I turn the GUI to 4K and 30 Frames.. After That I Start a Movie from an SMB Share.

Then I Deinstall Kodi with Data and install the normal Beta 5 and set the GUI to 4K and 24 Frames. Testmovie OK, change to GUI with 30 Frames. Testmovie Ok. Sorry I Don't know why Kodi Crash. I Install last Build now over normal Beta 5.
OK I Install Beta 6 Build 07112016 and everything is OK. sorry
Does the Fire TV2 support 10bit 4K?

I realise that Kodi doesn't do 10bit and Fire TV2 doesn't do HDR. I'm not looking to get into a philosophical debate about 8bit vs 10bit just a simple question.
The great discussion about 10 bit.

There are at least three steps involved:

a) 10 bit decoding
b) 10 bit rendering
c) 10 bit display

Kodi can only cope for a) and sometimes b) in case of Surface rendering it does what it wants without influence of us for c) display drivers (their inner post processing) and the Display itself is yet another point in that chain.

So even if kodi decodes 10 bit (what it can do easily) and would do 10 bit rendering it's still not clear what we get on the display :-)

Funny isn't it?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV 2 - real 4K Movies in Kodi ?0