Prometheus hooked to HD20 optima projector issues
Hi all, I have hade my Prometheus box for a couple of years now. I have just recently decided to hook it up to a projector. I have run a 10 meter hdmi - fairly cheap not a pricey one! This I have put through a sound bar. Now when I wire direct from Prometheus direct to projector no issues. However once I go via the sound bar that's when I seem to get issues. Sometimes it's not bringing up the kodi screen but a blank pink screen? Any ideas?
Martin
Moved to hardware for the moment.

What exactly is a Prometheus box?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'd take a guess at one of these.
https://www.tvboxcompany.co.uk:8446/shop...ni-pc.html
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146525
Similar issue here. I'd suspect the HDMI, or rather the output of the soundbar not being able to drive such a long undersized cable.
Prometheus are basically scam boxes. The guy behind them would buy cheap $100 intel boxes from china and put pirate streaming add-ons on there pre-installed, then sell it for $400. I wouldn't be surprised to see others using the same name for their own generic boxes as well, so I don't know if all "Prometheus" boxes are like that.

Either way, a quick google search seems to suggest that they're all still intel based boxes. I would install/upgrade to a recent version of LibreELEC on there and see if that fixes anything.
Hi all thanks for the replies. I think the Prometheus box (and yes you are right it is a dedicated mini PC to stream films/programs etc). is a little sensitive. I have tried the box with all different lengths of HDMI and it seems to break down when it goes in and out of a sound bar. However i put it through a HDMI spliter which has a 5 volt power supply, so assume it is a signal booster of some kind and the signal is then fine.
Im going to look for a signal booster that is just that and not a spliter and all should be fine. Looking on various tech sites re HDMI cables and the consensus is there is no great different between the expensive or the cheap re signal quality. Of course core size will always make a difference over distance which is why i believe the signal boost maybe the answer to my problems.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prometheus hooked to HD20 optima projector issues0