Kodi ISengard, last able to open a GUI
Hi,
today I have upgraded KODI 15.2 Isengard in my 2005 Acer C302XMI loaded with Windows 7.
When I try to start KODI 16.1 or 17.0 beta I receive a "Can't open .GUI" error.
Reversing to KODI 15.2 Isengard has solved any problem.

Also here it come my appreciation for your work. I have a DVBLink TV server an the native viewer is not able to display the TV on this client withou heavy frame loss and VSYNC problems. The same happens for WEBViewers. KODI is able to perform a smoth playback of each channel, even HD ones.

Giuseppe Chillemi
Thank-you for your comments.

Quote:Reversing to KODI 15.2 Isengard has solved any problem
So everything is OK?

And you're happy with the play back?
Hi PatK, everything seems ok but I am just curious: what has changed from the Isengard version to make Kodi unable to open its GUI ?

Also, I have concerns about the evolution of the program as right now it some plugins seems not compatible with version 15.2 and I may loose the important one during plugin updates to support more recent Kodi versions.

Happy with playback ? I am super happy ! A full screen video stream is smoothier on Kodi than a small youtube video on a browser window. Kodi is making some magic here.

Regards
Giuseppe Chillemi
The main difference between Isengard and Jarvis and now Krypton is the movement from directX 9 to directX 11, quite a few graphic cards had issues, but some where fixed with updated drivers, or configuration changes. Alas, you may loose comparability with some plugin updates, and there's no simple solution other than new hardware. (Raspberry Pi 3 looks good) I'm keeping an old XBMC 13.2 version going and I've lost a few add-ons, but it's still going strong, although I scrape with Krypton now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi ISengard, last able to open a GUI0