Req Hard Drive Identification (virtualization?)
Maybe this feature already exists but I didn't see it.

I'm using Kodi on an Google/Android TV and the issue I'm running into is that depending on whatever random factors the external hard drives get mounted in different orders and therefore at different mount points. So for example Drive #1 might be mounted at /storage/sda1 or it might be mounted at /storage/sdb1 or at /storage/sdc1 and Drive #2 also the same positions.

When the mount point changes of course Kodi loses all metadata associated with the media on that drive because the paths to those media change. For example which items I've already watched or what position in video I had played up to so far.

How about a simple way to put an ID on a drive and have Kodi show the drive by that id? One Idea would be to show the drives by name instead of path (since partitions have names). Another would be to put some .kodi file in the root with extra info for Kodi about the drive.
That's an OS-level issue. Some older Android firmware don't use the drive name, but newer versions should. Android 6 and above, IIRC. Some people have patched older versions of Android to get this to work as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hard Drive Identification (virtualization?)0