v16 What is the proper action to map if you want to simulate a right click on source
I want to be able to get the options menu on a SOURCE (Video->Files) from my MCE remote but I have yet to find the action that will give it to me.

I mapped the following in my .kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml:
Code:
<contextmenu>KEY_ZOOM</contextmenu>

However, that is obviously the wrong action because it does not work. When I map other functions to KEY_ZOOM they work so I know that it' just a matter of finding the right action.

Does anyone have any ideas? I really hate having to hookup a mouse or keyboard everytime I want to right-click on something or hit the OPTION key on the keyboard.

P.S. SO far I have tried <info> and <rightclick> but they do not work either.
Frank Barcenas
Dir of Operations
Hospemex.com
You want to edit/create .kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml instead of Lircmap.xml. See keymaps (wiki), where you can get a default copy of remote.xml to see how the command should look. Or just use the keymap editor add-on. The proper format is

<button>contextmenu</button>
(2016-11-27, 08:38)Ned Scott Wrote: You want to edit/create .kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml instead of Lircmap.xml. See keymaps (wiki), where you can get a default copy of remote.xml to see how the command should look. Or just use the keymap editor add-on. The proper format is

<button>contextmenu</button>

Thanks while I appreciate your willingness to help. I have already seen that page, but lack the necessary knowledge to understand it at the moment. After having to learn about my remote being recognized by the kernel, and having to use devinput into LIRC to make it work. Having to discover the proper device input for lirc, and having to make a custom Lircmap.xml; my brain has shut down due to information overload. As it is, I feel that my brain is about to ooze out of my ear, now I must also decipher yet other puzzle/riddle to discover the code I need. This sounds like a never ending really bad episode of Myst.

Everything I had, used to work great and perfectly out of the box with XBMCBuntu. Why did you guys have to get rid of something that made it easy for the rest of us; that don't want to spend an entire weekend reading and understanding MAN pages just to do something that should be so simple to do.

Would it be too much to just ask for the answer?
Frank Barcenas
Dir of Operations
Hospemex.com
On PC "Hold" OK button on any file for 3 sec works same way as right click and will bring up the right click context menu, but do not hold OK to long takes some getting used to.
Might work for your system too
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
(2016-11-28, 07:06)kimkl Wrote: On PC "Hold" OK button on any file for 3 sec works same way as right click and will bring up the right click context menu, but do not hold OK to long takes some getting used to.
Might work for your system too

Thanks for taking the time, but it did not work. I will keep looking.
Frank Barcenas
Dir of Operations
Hospemex.com
Understandable. Let me take a crack at it :)

By default, the zoom key is the "display" key as far as Kodi knows (due to lircmap.xml). So we only need to do this:

Make a new plain text document called menu.xml and save it in your userdata folder, under "keymaps" with the following:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <display>ContextMenu</display>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the proper action to map if you want to simulate a right click on source0