Req PVR Chaging channels via numeric buttons on a remote
Current situation:

There's a couple of ways to change a PVR channel and a couple of different settings, if I'm not mistaken:

1) Enable Ok - which allows you to press up/down and show the OSD/plot for the program showing on different channels, while still viewing the current channel. By "scrolling" to a channel and pressing "ok" (on my remote) the channel changes to what was displayed on the OSD.

However, pressing a numeric button on my remote (1-9), the numeric "keypad" window is displayed and then I am required to press OK.

2) Disabling Ok - I can press Up/Down and after a delay (whatever I have set this to) the channel automatically changes. Pressing a numeric button on my remote will display the "keypad" window for a short period of time (although I think there is an advance setting to shorten how long it is displayed for) and then change channels automatically, without the need to press OK

My UseCase(s)

There are 3 usecase (that I guess I use)

1) I have no idea whats on so will use the Guide/EPG to view and select my channel
2) I'm watching something, that I don't like/that has just finished, and just want to flick and see what else is on the other "main channels" using Up/Down
3) I'm watching a channel and want to change to a different channel I know specifically what channel I need to change so I press the numeric button on my remote

Feature Request

I would like to request the best of both worlds!

To be able to press up/down to view "what's on" and then when I've found a program/channel (using the OSD) I want to watch, press OK to change to that channel. But to also be able to press a numeric button on my remote and instead of being faced with the numeric pad and having to press "OK" I would like it to tune to that channel instantly (ideally without the keypad)....

I understand the need for the keypad window being displayed and understand the logic of the current settings, especially for users that use a mouse. But for users that use a remote (I'm guessing the majority of PVR users??) it's doesn't add much value? maybe the could be another option in the setting to "display keypad"?
I'm with you on that one. Same situation
I looked at the skin to see if it can change anything to "assist" me, by breaking the skin file DialogNumeric.xm,l kodi will perform the channel change with out displaying the keypad and presting ok.. obviously a pretty dirty hack and my log is littered with a skin errors!

Having said that, I do now believe here needs to be some onscreen feedback on what number(s) were pressed. E,g by changing to channel 15, pressing 1 & then 5, they will be displayed until the channel is tuned.

I've made some modifications to the skin file and now it shows only the numbers that were entered and I've "hidden" the ok button... its still not ideal as I still need to press ok..... but a bit less ugly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Chaging channels via numeric buttons on a remote1