v17 Profiles errors
I was using Kodi 16 with profiles, everything works fine.
Now I'm testing with Kodi 17 (RC2), profiles gives several problems. I'm using a fresh install of Kodi 17 RC2 on Windows and OSX. Both have the same problems.

- After creating profiles, can add skins in Master profile, but not in new profile (just returns without message)
- Changing menu settings in new profile causes strange settings (menu disapears, etc) in Master profile
- Setup up Add-Ons in new profile is not working (somethimes it will, somethimes it do'nt) in Master profile no problems.

I've tried several skins, but the problems seems not to be skin related.
FYI, I'm on RC3 and the main described secondary profile problem still exists (i.e., I cannot see/choose installed skins or install another ... so I'm stuck with the two default skins). I'm not sure about the other problems (yet).

I'm on Android and, for whatever reason, Live TV does not work well in Koki 16 (for 1080p), but does much better in Kodi 17. Good job on that front.
Hi, on Jarvis (Kodi V16) I have used profiles. On Krypton (Kodi V17 RC from Windows Store) I have tried it and gave up, here are 2 more serious ERRORS:

a) no language selection at SYSTEM - INTERFACE SETTINGS - REGIONAL.
b) also I have specified SEPERATE MEDIA INFO and MEDIA SOURCES I see the master profile definitions

Profiles as of today are not usable at all, more over they may damage the master profile.
Same here only it's not loading my sources either. I have a master profile and a kids profile and I'm offloading the database and thumbnails to my server. The profiles have separate sources. I have 17 stable installed on my server (used to keep track of everything and run scans and cleanup), a FireTV, and my nvidia shield (64bit). I got everything set up from scratch last night and everything seemed to be OK on both the server and Shield. I went to set up the FTV today and everything was fine on the master profile but when I got to the kids profile nothing was there. I can still browse the sources manually but they won't update the library and won't show in their respective categories (movies, TV, etc). On top of this, can't install a skin on the kids profile. I don't understand how it can work just fine one minute and completely fail the next. Good thing I have a backup of my dbs for 16... I'll go back to that until 17 is truly ironed out.
To those following the K17 profiles issue... This bug is now in tracker.

See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2532054

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Profiles errors0