v17 DXVA with AMD issues
Hi,

I recently bought an AMD RX480 to use it for gaming under Windows with a 4K Display. It works quite well. Now I installed Kodi 17 (RC2) and it also works really good - just one issue.

As soon as I turn on DXVA support several video streams (especially 720P from German TV) has massive stutters and green pixels. I remember that I had similar issues (only with AMD Graphics) years ago. So maybe still not solved.
In general I do not need DXVA as the Software decoding works good. Just for the 2060P HEVC 10Bit videos I would need DXVA as my Core I5 has not enough power.. SO my question is

Is there a possibility to turn DXVA off except for video coded in 2060P ? Maybe advancedsettings but I did not find any switch here.

Thanks

S
When playing a TV channel, use the OSD to show video settings and set 'Deinterlace video' to off. Worked for me.

You can make that the default by clicking 'Set as default for all media' at the bottom of the panel.

Andy
Hi,

thanks for your answer but I can't set Deinterlace off. I have lot's off video streams that have to be deinterlaced properly other wise it looks really bad.

Or do you mean that only for progressive streams to set this off? I am not sure if this is possible.

Thanks

Alex
My issue was specific to watching live TV. You're asking questions beyond my knowledge, but I believe another component took over deinterlacing from Kodi.

Andy
H264 DXVA is broken on this card and has been since it was released, there are a number of very angry customers here, feel free to add any comments.

https://community.amd.com/message/277018...nt-2770182

The only way around this is to turn DXVA hardware acc off and use software, not ideal but its a workaround, i'm still pondering whether to return my card as it still hasnt been fixed after 14 driver updates, disgraceful.

If you are also using LAV filters with other apps you need to untick H264 box there two, HEVC is fine though.
i've raised a petition today to try and force AMD to fix this, numerous issues have been logged to them via their support section but nothing it getting done.

https://www.change.org/p/amd-need-to-acc...m=copyLink
Hi,

thanks a lot. I remember those kind of issues 5 / 6 years ago. Not much interested in beinig a long time beta tester. I sent this card back and bought one Nvidia 1060 2 days ago.
It works out of the box and I am happy.

S

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA with AMD issues0