Ratings broken after updating
So after using an old version of XBMC for ages I finally updated to the latest version of KODI today. Mostly things seem to have gone fine but all the ratings have seem to disappeared. I figured it's cause I use a different scale than what's common, instead of a 0.0-10.0 scale I use a 0.0-100.0 scale which has worked just fine until the update. Sure, I understand I'm an edge case in this instance, most people doesn't have the will or the energy to setup their own ratings scale, but I have and I would like to keep using it, otherwise I'm gonna have to downgrade to an earlier version again. And honestly, I don't see why allowing for ratings higher than 10 would be a problem.
Or is there something I can do about this? Like, maybe the problem isn't KODI itself but with the skin? Does anyone know?
One of the latest commits forcibly deprecated (Kodi dev's don't seem to comprehend how to phase into deprecation) an important API for ratings. If it's Estuary, it might happen eventually. Estouchy just needs to be fixed. Other skins are the same as Estouchy in that.
Developer for Shoko and Nakamori. Long time user of Kodi, before it was even called Kodi. My XBOX died long ago, but Windows is still just as broken and necessary. I obviously watch anime, given my first comment. Video games, manga, music, you name it.
I'd actually argue its better to keep the ratings consistent 0-10 so skins, Add-ons and 3rd parties know what they are dealing with.

Whats your use case here?
Kodi uses 0-10 with one decimal place. Multiply by 10 and it's 100.
Developer for Shoko and Nakamori. Long time user of Kodi, before it was even called Kodi. My XBOX died long ago, but Windows is still just as broken and necessary. I obviously watch anime, given my first comment. Video games, manga, music, you name it.
(2017-01-04, 15:41)docwra Wrote: I'd actually argue its better to keep the ratings consistent 0-10 so skins, Add-ons and 3rd parties know what they are dealing with.

Whats your use case here?
My use case is I have three digits ratings setup for every single movie in my 3000+ archive and I'd prefer not to have to redo all of it. And also, I don't want to redo it, I quite like my setup the way it is and if I have to choose between giving up on using new versions of KODI or my three digit ratings scale I would simply just like to ask which version of the program that was the last to support three digits scales so I can switch to that version.
I think 16.1.
Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ratings broken after updating0