Help on error messages
Yesterday I upgraded from Jarvis 16.0 to release 16.1 and have begun to see error messages that I wish to resolve
I am running Kodi Jarvis 16.1 under Windows 10 on Dell AIO PC.

first is an ERROR message about Window Translator
2nd one is a warning notice message about JSONRPC

I have not been able to find any leads on how to resolve these messages. I did a FRESHSTART to take back to Kodi defaults in and attempt to eliminate the presence of any ADDONS
no luck and errors continue to be logged in Kodi Log file.

I enabled PVR Simple Client upon initiation.... but took care so no other applications activated.. other than to install the provided Log File Browser/Viewer ADDON. but took no actions to complete and Configuration panes
so that environment is purely Kodi and without any 3rd party AddOns

1st ERROR message seen in log is

Window Translator: can't find window filestackingdialog

followed by next ERROR message

previous line repeats 1 times.

then

2nd error message is JSONRPC

JSONRPC error message is a WARNING message

JSONRPC could not parse type "Settings.Detail.SettingsList"

this message immediately preceeds the NOTICE message PVRManager starting up

can you offer insight into the possible cause of these errors.

once again .. this is upon start up after performing the Kodi Provided FRESHSTART Addon and before any 3rd party Addons have been installed into the environment

Thank you.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

Fresh start addon is coming from a banned repository so no support for it here (except telling you that it could be the cause of your issue)
Moanbag is in da place!
Upload the debug log (wiki) to PasteBin or similar and provide their URL here.

But as @Gracus says, fresh start is a banned add-on (wiki) and if any such addons or repos from that list are present on your system then we offer no support here whilst they are in place.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
thanks for the insights... my oh my.. so many of the basic parts are in the Banned List details.. time to reconsider usage of this tool.
Read this , this and this for starters.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks to all for the needed direction..

one last thought before I move on...

however... I am still left with the fundamental question of why an upgrade from Jarvis 16.0 to release 16.1 ended up posting the
JSONRPC warning notice... which I had never seen in the logs before that upgrade..

so throw out all the discussions about addons of 3rd party code.. unless JSONRPC is another 3rd party code package that is supposed to be in
the banned list... but is not listed there.
3rd party code can overlay some of the native Kodi software, (if the problem is part of this) just deleting a few add-on isn't going to set the clock back. Gazooks we are so close to a Kyrpton release and you entertain Jarvis?

Suggestion: start over again.
sooo... I still have my original question.. just what does JSONRPC do in Kodi and what are the negative implications if it fails to initialize..

BECAUSE that is what actually happened when I upgraded from Rel 16.0 to Rel 16.1....

given that the Kodi Support team still needs to answer that question.\

I did indeed.. fully delete Kodi from my Windows 10 machine... and did a complete install (vanilla) .. so no PVR was defined
no ADDONS were installed... just pure Kodi environment..

I still saw the JSONRPC error message I initially described in these thread when I examined the Kodi Log file after initial execution.

SOOOO

I increased the Kodi Log file verbosity from it's default value to DEBUG and lo and behold upon restart I saw additional
messages ( that were NOT present in the Kodi log when I did the Rel 16.0 to Rel 16.1 upgrade at all ) showing other corrective
actions Kodi process initiation steps that Kodi took to RESOLVE that warning message ... and it showed the logging of JSONRPC being initialized successfully )

That is what it should do... it did NOT do that when the upgrade from Rel 16.0 to Rel 16.1 was originally performed..

so my initial question as restated above still remains unanswered (see above... what is the Function of JSONRPC in Kodi.. and what breaks
if it fails to initialize properly.

I do have a print screen of the Verbose Kodi Log file records showing this resolution now occurring when a NEW complete install was performed yesterday
Really, you can't look at documentation?

http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Before reinstalling did you delete the Userdata (wiki)
uninstall kodi then Deleting the entire kodi directory, then reinstalling kodi will probably solve the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help on error messages0