v17 Kodi and nonstandard video framerate
Due to a weird hard telecine pattern in the NTSC DVD of MacGyver (at least season one), the final framerate of the progressive video is slightly above 24 fps. How does Kodi handle such things when Adjust display refresh rate is enabled? As a workaround, I can change the slowdown the video slightly to hit exactly 24 fps but it requires that I do the same to the audio and subtitle tracks as well and I'd like to avoid that extra processing work.
It should be enough to just disable Passthrough and enable Sync Playback to Display.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
What about variable framerate? I've done some reading and noticed that someone fixed the odd behaviour by making a VFR MKV file with mixed 23.976 fps and 29.97 fps material. From what I've tested, I have a problem with such sources as Kodi outputs 24p by default and my receiver then blanks the screen when it occasionally switches to 60p output when the video sections appear.
Then just disable Adjust Refreshrate to match video but keep Sync Playback to Display enabled. Shit in - shit out - that's my comment to VFR.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and nonstandard video framerate0