Can't get BCT to work
I've always had commercials and bumpers setup through interleaving but wanted to try using the BCT function. I deleted my setup2 file so I could start from scratch and setup one network channel to test.....CBS. I set bumpers so C:\Bumpers\ and commercials to C:\Commercials but when I flip through shows no bumpers or commercials play, it just goes to the next show. What am I doing wrong? Below is my file structure.

C:\Bumpers\
          \CBS

C:\Commercials\
          \CBS
is this resolved? i upgraded and now NO BTCs work at all...says needs subfolder ,, can u be more specific? a seperate folder now for each channel? or wuts up
According to the instructions you are correct, each channel needs a subfolder with the bumpers in it. So CBS would need a CBS folder and if the name matches it should pull in the bumpers. Don't bother though cause it doesn't work. I've even completely uninstalled PSTV and reinstalled and started from scratch and still can't get it to work. I went back to the old way (interleaving), the problem is that the "up next" popup shows the commercial or bumper rather than the actual show.
(2017-01-20, 17:40)fernicus Wrote: According to the instructions you are correct, each channel needs a subfolder with the bumpers in it. So CBS would need a CBS folder and if the name matches it should pull in the bumpers. Don't bother though cause it doesn't work. I've even completely uninstalled PSTV and reinstalled and started from scratch and still can't get it to work. I went back to the old way (interleaving), the problem is that the "up next" popup shows the commercial or bumper rather than the actual show.

You are correct that the subfolder has to match the channel name...

PTVL v.0.9.0 should fix most, if not all issues...

BTW I'd like to mention after the release of v.0.9.0 any issues should be reported with a log or repeatable step for debugging....

If something is broken or if you'd just like to suggest a different/better way of doing things... all you have to do is ask.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
weres the 9.0 repo? i can only find 8.f
v.0.9.0 hasn't been released yet, the last released version was v.0.8.0f
I understand this setup for bumpers, but I am somewhat shocked there is no way to make a universal commercials folder. That being said, I understand why you would want the ability to make commercials channel specific.
(2017-02-07, 08:51)jaynford Wrote: I understand this setup for bumpers, but I am somewhat shocked there is no way to make a universal commercials folder. That being said, I understand why you would want the ability to make commercials channel specific.

I don't recall what features were included in the last "released" code...

Speaking for the upcoming v.0.9.0 Bumpers and Commercials are handled the same when local folders is selected. Channels can automatically insert B,C by matching channel name subfolders.

There is also a New BCT advanced channel rule.
(2017-02-07, 20:49)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-02-07, 08:51)jaynford Wrote: I understand this setup for bumpers, but I am somewhat shocked there is no way to make a universal commercials folder. That being said, I understand why you would want the ability to make commercials channel specific.

I don't recall what features were included in the last "released" code...

Speaking for the upcoming v.0.9.0 Bumpers and Commercials are handled the same when local folders is selected. Channels can automatically insert B,C by matching channel name subfolders.

There is also a New BCT advanced channel rule.

Not gonna lie, I miss the ability to just have a universal folder of commercials that work on all channels. Was just simpler and I could have all my ads from the 90s.

I am very excited for v9.0 man. The previews on Twitter have been fantastic. Keep up the great work.
I added a option to disable subfolders for Bumpers and, Commercials.
(2017-02-08, 21:22)Lunatixz Wrote: I added a option to disable subfolders for Bumpers and, Commercials.

Awesome! Can't wait for v9.0!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get BCT to work0