Win Help with moving from My Movies to Kodi
My current setup is:
- My Movies/Clients running on 2 HTPCs, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones
- Windows 10/Windows Media Center (WMC) Hack running on both HTPCs
- My Movies/Server running on Windows Home Server (WHS) 2011 (1,500+ movies & TV series in Video_TS & .MP4 formats - yes, I decided to support both options).

Since WMC and WHS 2011 are no longer strategic/supported solutions, I'm trying to put plans together to sunset these technologies and move to Kodi as my Media Center Platform and Windows 10 for my home server.

Note: I set this system up for my handicapped son so he could easily manage accessing and launching his movies & TV series from his iPad. Since then, the whole family loves this system. I'm sure moving to Kodi will be a significant improvement.

Does anyone in this forum have any experience/learning's they would be willing to share with me to help me plan out these moves?

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
welcome to the forum JulesC

I'd recommend the following articles for you:

First_time_user (wiki)

HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_iOS (wiki) (no personal experience here)
HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Windows (wiki)

Naming_video_files/Movies (wiki)
Naming_video_files/TV_shows (wiki)

(Advanced)
advancedsettings.xml (wiki)
MySQL (wiki)

Any specific questions after your research, just ask away - there's so many helpful people here.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
Zerocool_ie, thank you for your prompt response and for pointing me to these resources. I will definitely read through them and come back to this forum if I have additional questions.

One additional question, do you use Emby with your Kodi setup? If so, what role does it play? Thank you.
(2017-01-20, 21:51)JulesC Wrote: Zerocool_ie, thank you for your prompt response and for pointing me to these resources. I will definitely read through them and come back to this forum if I have additional questions.

One additional question, do you use Emby with your Kodi setup? If so, what role does it play? Thank you.

You're welcome.

I don't use it myself, but have looked into it before, I think Emby will give you the iOS integration you need.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with moving from My Movies to Kodi0