Win Backshlash reboots system!
This issue has been dogging me for quite a while no.
I'm running a small quantum mini computer with windows 10 and Kodi v16.1 “Jarvis”.
Everything was working great and then one day I hit the \ key as usual to access the computer and out of the blue the computer rebooted.
I lived with the issue as I planed on upgrading to Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” as soon as it became a little more stable.
Today I installed Kodi v17.0 “Krypton” (nice interface) and began setting it up. The \ key worked as it should and the screen would change the resolution on each \ key stroke.
I loaded up the Favorites section and now the \ key again reboots the system.
What the .....!
Is there a coloration with favorites and the \ key?
Anybody know how to fix this?
Tongue
@mods: move to windows please
@op: post your Kodi.old.log
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thread moved to Windows
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Let's temporarily remove the favourites.xml file from the equation to see if it's just a corrupt favourites (rename it will do). Should be located

Forum linked Kodi version download C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Kodi_Jarvis\userdata
Windows store Kodi C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\usedata

Where {user} is your currently logged in username and the XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p path will be specific to your machine.
I tried like you said and renamed the favourites.xml file...same thing.
Currently it is in the smaller screen mode and what I failed to mention before is that when I hit the \ key or the alt-enter keys the screen does go full screen but only for a 1/2 a second. then the computer reboots.
See if in windowed mode you can fire up and change the settings>system>logging to debug mode and upload that log (wiki) to a public pastebin.com and link that URL back to this thread. Log file/Easy (wiki)
I think I got it right.
I pasted the log on www.pastebin.com
the file is glbabinlog, I set it for public view.
What I did was hit the \ key and the system rebooted. So the last entry should be the system reboot.
Then I went to C:\....\AppData\roaming\kodi\Kodi.log
Clicked on the file and it opened with notepad and then pasted to pastebin.com
Close but no horseshoe, the log paste is empty because that's the paste site... you need to cut & paste the log into the part just below "New Paste" then at the end of the log "Create New Paste" then link the given URL at the top of the page to this thread. Ensure in settings>system>logging is on.
I did it again.
The URL is http://pastebin.com/b578bRLq
and the file is called glbabinlog2
The file will not paste onto the site, I can only copy and paste the content of the kodi.log file.
If this does'nt work can I send you the file via an FTP program?
Hate to do it to you again, but the log didn't have debug turned on and if it was indeed the log at http://pastebin.com/b578bRLq it included banned add-ons which in all probability are the source of your irritation. Looking at the 'errors' any one of which could stop Kodi from functioning and it's clear why. Try a portable mode Kodi with a clean install, local content and I'll bet my mothers shoes it works out of the box.
Not sure what a portable mode Kodi is.
But I think you're right because it did work for a while and then it started acting up out of the blue. Perhaps when I activated one of the banned add-ons my system started to act up.
How about if I rename the Kodi file in the roaming folder and do as you said a clean install.
Then I'll replace the Kodi file with the renamed file and see what add-on in the cull-prate.
Is there a list of banned add-ons I could look at so I could clean things up?
Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) but it's not comprehensive, you should know; if it's too good to be true stuff. Renaming will work as well as portable mode, although once you mix the old code with new stuff, the code soup goes sour. With your knowledge you should be able to comes back fast with a quick set-up. This might be the opportune time to update to the latest.
Ok thanks a lot.
You've been very helpful!! And patient!!!
I'll try it this weekend...I think it will work.
Get Back to you next week.
I did a fresh install
I hit the \ key and the screen did reduce but I hit it again to enlarge and it went full screen but after a few more tries the enlarged screen got fuzzy and the system rebooted.
Here is the the URL for the log http://pastebin.com/b9EvGbGg
hope this helps.
That's not a debug log, you need to turn on debugging in settings>system>logging then post the link.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backshlash reboots system!0