v17 Movies not showing
Hi guys,

First of all, please excuse my english, I'm from Argentina, land of great soccer players and lousy politicians. And here we speak spanish.

I'll try to describe the problem with the most level of detail I can (and my writing skills let me). So here we go.

I have my movie collection on a PC, which is running Windows 10. I have Kodi 17 RC installed, and works fine. All the video sources are in different hard drives in the same PC, and when added to Kodi, movies are read and showing at MOVIES library with all the proper artwork and information. Playback is alright.

A few words on how I get my movie collection organized. First of all, all my movies are in separate folders, matching each folder's name with movie's file name, in comply with Kodi guidelines. Example: C:\Movies\Ironman\Ironman.mkv, C:\Movies\The Dark Knight\The Dark Knight.mkv.

But, when "dumping" all the movies into Kodi for the first time, I don't "add sources & scrape with MovieDB" in the program. Instead, I do this:

1) I use Ember Media Manager to scrape each movie information.
2) Then, I edit it and save.
3) Then, I go to Kodi and add the sources as movies, with local info scraper.
4) Movies ares added.
5) The library has all the info the way I want.

Finally, when I add a new movie, I repeat steps 1 & 2, then go to Kodi \ Movies \ Refresh Library, and the movie is added.

So far, so good.

So here's the thing: I have two Matricom G-Boxes running on Android on my house (one G-Box Midnight II and one G-Box Q). Both of them running Android, both of them with Kodi 17 installed. At each Kodi, I set the video sources to scan the PC folders where all my movies are stored via SMB. I have that folder properly share with read and write permission set to "Everyone", and password protection off.

So the folders are added, content is set to "Movies" with "Local Information Only" scraper. I do this in both G-Boxes. Months ago, this was running OK and movies where added to my MOVIES collection, with all the proper info I edited with Ember.

But a couple of months ago, new movies won't be seen in the MOVIES library. The show under the VIDEOS option, but no added to the movie collection. This happens only with all the movies that where added from that moment to the present. My suspicion? My PC was running Windows 7 and updated it to Windows 10, and that screw it.

Does anybody has a clue how to fix this? Many thanks in advance. I'll try to post the debug log later.

Regards!
lo

Could be permissions of the new files. Are they different in any way from your old videos?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies not showing0